CA Ashish Arora
1. Correction will only be allowed on the following challan attributes:
a) Buyer PAN
b) Seller PAN
c) Assessment Year
d) Major Head[ i.e. 20(corporate) and 21(Non-corporate)]
2. No correction will be allowed for change of Minor Head (i.e. from minor head 800 to other taxes having minor heads 100, 200, 300 etc or vice versa) or Amount.
3. The buyer of the property will submit an application requesting for correction in Form 26QB challan to the PAN Assessing Officer as per the jurisdiction of the buyer’s PAN.
4. The buyer encloses a copy of the no objection letter from the seller on the affidavit (in original) along with such application.
5. Then the application along with affidavit will be submitted to the jurisdictional CIT of the AO through Range Head.
6. The Correction made if any will be reflected in Form 26AS of the seller.