CA Sandeep Kanoi
CBDT has vide notification No. 32/2014 dated 23.06.2014 prescribed new Wealth Tax Return Form BB wef A.Y. 2014-15 instead of old form BA. CBDT has also prescribed that this form can be filed online with or without digital signature. For certain class of Assessee i.e. Individual/HUF not liable to tax audit e-filing is optional but for other class of Assessees i.e. Individual/HUF liable to audit and Companies return of net wealth in FORM BB shall be furnished electronically under digital signature. Notification is as follows :-
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Dated- 23rd June, 2014
S.O.1576 (E) .— In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (ba) and clause (bb) of sub‐section (2) of section 46 read with section 14A and section 14B of the Wealth‐tax Act, 1957 (27 of 1957), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Wealth‐tax Rules, 1957, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Wealth‐tax (1st Amendment) Rules, 2014.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
2. In the Wealth‐tax Rules, 1957 (hereinafter referred to as the “said rules”),—
(i) for rule 3, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:–
“3. Form of return of net wealth. — (1) The return of net wealth referred to in section 14 shall—
(a) in respect of assessment year 2013‐14 and earlier assessment years in the case of individuals, Hindu undivided families and companies, be in Form BA and shall be verified in the manner specified therein.
(b) in respect of the assessment year 2014‐15 and any other subsequent assessment year in the case of individuals, Hindu undivided families and companies be in Form BB and shall be verified in the manner specified therein.
(2) Subject to the provisions of sub‐rule (3), for the assessment year 2014‐15 and any other subsequent assessment year, the return of net wealth referred to in sub‐rule (1) shall be furnished electronically under digital signature.
(3) In case of individual or Hindu undivided family to whom the provisions of section 44AB of the Income‐tax Act, 1961(43 of 1961) are not applicable, the return of net wealth referred to in sub‐rule (1) may be furnished for assessment year 2014‐15 in a paper form.
(4) The return of net wealth required to be furnished in Form BB shall not be accompanied by a statement showing the computation of the tax payable on the basis of the return, or proof of the tax and interest paid, or any document or copy of any account or form of report of valuation by registered valuer required to be attached with the return of net wealth under any provisions of the Act.
(5) The Director General of Income‐tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for ensuring secure capture and transmission of data and shall also be responsible for evolving and implementing appropriate security, archival and retrieval policies in relation to furnishing the returns in the manners specified in sub‐rule (2).”
3. In the said rules, in Appendix, after Form BA, the following Form shall be inserted; namely :‐
RETURN OF NET WET WEALTH
[See rule 3(1)(b) of Wealth-tax Rules, 1957]
Under Secretary, TPL
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub‐section (ii) vide Notification number S.O. 3384(E), dated the 18th October, 1957 and last amended by Wealth‐tax (Second Amendment) Rules, vide Notification S.O. Number 470 (E) dated the 13th February 2009.