Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
North-Block, ITA.II Division
New Delhi, the 31st July, 2017
Order under Section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961
The ‘due-date’ for filing income-tax returns for Assessment-Year 2017-2018 is 31.07.2017 for certain categories of taxpayers. It has been reported that some of the taxpayers are facing difficulties in filing their tax-returns due to various reasons including technical difficulties.
2. The Central Board of Direct Taxes, in exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (‘Act’), hereby extends the ‘due-date’, as prescribed under section 139(1) of the Act, for filing returns of income from 31st July, 2017 to 5th August, 2017 in cases of all taxpayers who are liable to file their income-tax return by the said ‘due-date’.
3. Further, for the purpose of filing return, it shall be sufficient as of now to quote Aadhar or Aadhar Enrollment Number. The actual linking of PAN with Aadhar can be done subsequently, but any time before 31st August, 2017. However, these returns shall not be processed u/s 143(1) until the linkage of Aadhar with PAN is completed.
Under-Secretary to the Government of IndiaOnline GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
1. PS to F.M./OSD to FM/PS to MOS(R)
2. PS to Revenue Secretary
3. Chairman (CBDT), All Members, CBDT
4. All Pr.CCsIT/CCsIT/Pr.DsGIT/DsGIT
5. All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT
6. Directors/Deputy Secretaries/Under Secretaries of Central Board of Direct Taxes
7. ADG(Systems)-4 with request to place the order on official website
8. Addl. CIT, Data Base Cell for placing it on irsofficers website
9. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi-110003
10. All Chambers of Commerce
11. CIT (M&TP), Official Spokesperson of CBDT
12. ADG(PR,PP&OL) for placing on twitter handle of the department
Under-Secretary to the Government of India