1. Error Code 1: Tax computed but GTI(Gross Total Income) is nil or 0?
Description: No tax can be computed without providing the details of income. The Assessee should maintain consistency in providing details of income and tax computation in the return of income in the new xml which will be filed in response to this communication.
2. Error Code 3:“Part A, P and L and/or Part A BS (Balance Sheet) have not been filled”
3. Error Code 8:”The Assessee has filed ITR-4S. Even though the total presumptive income u/s 44AD is less than 8% of Gross turnover/Gross receipt”
Description:ITR 4S has been filed but total presumptive income u/s 44AD is less than 8% of Gross Turnover or Gross Receipts. In these cases, ITR-4 should be used for filing the return.
4. Error Code 14:“Assessee is entering negative amount in gross profit or net profit at Serial number 51b and /or 51d. of Part B of Profit & Loss Account”
5. Error Code 19:”Where domestic Flag is NULL”
Description:A company Assessee has to mention whether it is a domestic or non-domestic company in the return of income in the new xml which will be filed in response to this communication.
6. Error Code 27: Assessee is claiming income U/S 44AD at 8% of the Gross Receipts which exceeds the limit as prescribed under section 44AD
Description:For assesses claiming income chargeable under section 44AD the total gross receipts should be less than Rs. 200 lakhs. Assessee has to provide correct information about gross receipt and presumptive income U/s 44AD Assessee is required to fill relevant ITR form in the new xml which will be filed in response to this communication.
7. Error Code 28:“Assessee mentioning gross receipt or income U/S 44AD more than 2 Crore in ITR 4”
Description: Assessee having Gross Receipt or presumptive income U/S 44AD more than 2 crore cannot file ITR 4. Kindly file relevant ITR with the new xml which will be filed in response to this communication.
8. Error Code 38:“Tax determined as payable in the return of income filed has not been paid”
Description:Pay the taxes and fill the details of the pre-paid taxes in schedule IT, TDS, TCS as applicable.
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for information purposes only and does not constitute advice or a legal opinion and are personal views of the author. It is based upon relevant law and/or facts available at that point of time and prepared with due accuracy & reliability. Readers are requested to check and refer to relevant provisions of statute, latest judicial pronouncements, circulars, clarifications etc before acting on the basis of the above write up. The possibility of other views on the subject matter cannot be ruled out. By the use of the said information, you agree that Author / TaxGuru is not responsible or liable in any manner for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, errors or any kind of omissions in this piece of information for any action taken thereof. This is not any kind of advertisement or solicitation of work by a professional.
(Republished with Amendments by Team Taxguru)