GSTR-3B application has been simplified by the GSTN. Following are the key changes in GSTR-3B return filing form.
1. Tax Payment:In the revised version of the form, the public can see whether the tax liability is being paid by cash or credit in tax liability, before submitting the form. But in the earlier filling, a taxpayer was required to Submit the return to ascertain the tax liability amount. After submission, no changes were allowed.
2. Challan Generation:Now the challan gets prepared with cash amount required to be paid after taking into account the balance available in cash ledger and suggested utilization of ITC (Income Tax Credit) in the table, with a click of a button. Earlier, the challan had to be manually filled with the amount to be paid in cash. However, the taxpayers can make the edition in the credit amount to be utilized and not to use the credit amount filled by the system.
3. Download Facility of Draft Return:Earlier, there was not any downloading option to save details for offline re-checking. But now there is a new option available for public convenience where drafts return can be downloaded at any stage to verify the saved details offline.
4. Auto-fill of Tax Amount:This step is taken to save the time and reduces the error as taxpayers now either have to fill CGST or SGCT/UTGCT, other tax amounts will be auto-filled manually.
Features of Return Form GSTR-3B
- GSTR 3B to be filed mandatorily by all normally registered taxpayers
- Nil returns to be filed in case of no business. Recently, GSTN portal offers the simple and fast procedure to file GSTR 3B return. In the latest offering, the taxpayers who are filing nil returns are free from extensive filing details and will be forwarded to simple return form with minimum details. No extra tiles and details are required from this new functionality.
- Summary of information about sale and purchase, available input tax credit, tax payable, tax paid is to be furnished
- All input tax credit availed and utilised will be posted in the ITC ledger
- Unutilized ITC can be used in subsequent months
- While filling up form GSTR 3B, don’t forget to Save partially filled form by clicking save GSTR 3B button
- After pressing submit, no modification is possible therefore check the details carefully before pressing submit
- If form GST TRAN-1 is submitted Click Check balance button to view the balance available for credit under integrated tax, Central tax, State tax and Cess (including transitional credit also)
These persons not required to submit GSTR 3B return form?
- (ISD) input service distributor
- Composition supplier
- TDS deductor
- TCS collector
- OIDAR (online information data access and retrieval)
Total GST revenue to Government.
|January 2018||86,318 crores|
|December 2017||86,703 crores|
|November 2017||80,808 crores|
|October 2017||83,346 crores|
|September 2017||92,150 crores|
|August 2017||91000 crores|
|July 2017||95,000 crores|