Since enrolment application went live,of many issues,one particular issue that has been reported in significant numbers was pertaining to PAN validation of taxpayers,required to be done after the application is submitted with either e-signature or DSC. GSTN has investigated many such issues and have taken certain steps to help tax payers migrate successfully.

Problem encountered Solution provided by GSTN on GST portal
1 Mismatch in name as per VAT-TIN/Service Tax-TIB and that in CBDT Making the Name as per PAN editable in the application for proprietors, where details of Authorized signatories were auto-populated to correct any differences between Name as per VAT and Name as per PAN
2 Mismatch of names where middle name is not there (in such cases one space was being added when name data was downloaded from CBDT database.) Removing all spaces from name as per PAN validation to avoid appearance of spaces in PAN because of missing middle name
3 Mismatch arising out of First Name, Last Name and Middle Name as given in VAT/Service Tax TIN with that in PAN Concatenation of First name, Middle Name & Lastname of taxpayers and sending single string request to CBDT in order to avoid failure due to name mismatch arising out of Fname, Lname & Mname.
4 Mismatch arising when PAN in enrolment application was left blank due to non- availability of CBDT service at the time of data fetching for activation (after submission of application using DSC/eSign). Enabling fetching name as per PAN at the run time, should the name as per PAN in enrolment application was left blank due to non-availability of CBDT service at the time of activation.

More Under Goods and Services Tax

Posted Under

Category : Goods and Services Tax (7612)
Type : Articles (17813) Featured (4021) Trending (626)
Tags : goods and services tax (6086) GST (5687) PAN (44) Permanent Account Number (100)

64 responses to “PAN mismatch during GST migration- Problems & Solutions”

1. Krishan Kumar Bhatia says:

My firm was earlier in the name of Mr.Zakir Hussain whose PAN no. is AADPH1545G. Prior to shifting to GST. I took over the firm and my PAN is AAVPB5762D. My Advocate filed my application for shifting to GST and I got a certificate of provisional GST no. with my PAN which is 06AAVPB5762D1ZO. I also paid GST Challan through internet banking with this GST no. on 18.08.2017 and receipt also shows my GST no. But when I fill GST 3B return, the portal shows ‘ACCESS DENIED’ and verification pending. When I verify the same it do not allow me to verify. Actually in Detail of Promotor, it shows my name as Krishan Kumar Bhatia, but it shows the PAN of Mr. Zakir Hussain which is AADPH1545G. I am not in a position to submit the details of sales in 3B. My question is 1. How this PAN can be corrected. 2. Whether my GST which I deposited on 18.08.2017 credited in my account. 3. Is there any imposition of penalty in this case because I could not submit the details of sales in GST portal.

2. naresh kumar sharma says:

Hi Team,

My Wrong pan number mention in GST
    Please conform what can i do .

3. Raman yadav says:

ANPPY3362B my pan no.
    Pan not match with cbtd
    Pls help me

4. Popy chetia says:

What should i do Sir ? This mail i received from GSTIN Team. But i was checked . Same error is showing still .

This is in reference to Application for New Registration submitted at GST portal.It is observed that details of following PANs are not matched with CBDT database.Kindly fill the details as per PAN details and resubmit the Form. Details of the PANs are as under:
    1. AYWPM7816D : PAN does not exist

In view of the above discrepancies, Form is considered as incomplete .Please resubmit the Form with correct details.
    This message is sent to you on your registered email id.
    Best Regards,

GSTN Team

5. S Raghavendra says:

6. Probal Acharya says:

PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database. while trying to registry this error display

7. priya says:

Trying to register in gstin mine is partnership firm , but one of the partner name does not contain first name which is mandatory for filing gst application what will be the solution..

how to do gst if i only have last name in pan card

8. Dasan M Philip says:

PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database. Advise what should be done

9. Dasan M Philip says:

PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database. What should be done?

10. Goutam says:

1. AIDPD6371J : Name does not match for Authorized Signatory
    2. AIDPD6371J : Name does not match for Promoter.
    My PAN name GOUTAMKUMAR DEB
    But PAN record shown GOUTAMKUMAR ANIL DEB
    How to fill the GST migration.

11. CHANDRA SHAKHER JOSHI says:

NAME and PAN CARDS NOT MACHING NAME CHANDRA SHAKHER JOSHI ADNPJ2610D

• MURUGAN says:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN..I REALLY DONT KNOW ABOUT VAT AND ALL

12. Datta Prasad says:

I am an individual and I was trying for new GST registration by the Company name. during filling the registration form, I got a message saying “PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database. Please submit PAN and Legal Name after validating with CBDT database”, Kindly help me.

13. ACHINTYA KARMAKAR says:

how can solve mismatch pan in cbdt,vat registration name ACHINTA KARMAKAR but pan card name ACHINTYA KARMAKAR, but I received provisional i.d. from gst.gst team mail me mismatch pan with cbdt on 18th July 2017

14. RAMYA says:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN..I REALLY DONT KNOW ABOUT VAT AND ALL

15. Goutham G says:

PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database. Please submit PAN and Legal Name after validating with CBDT database. Pls Suggest

16. sathish kumar says:

name and pan mismatch while i tryto new registration. pls help me

17. Sekar says:

PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database while entering new registration.
    This is for a new preparatory company registration.

18. GOVIND says:

LEGAL NAME OF BUSINESS IS NOT REGISTERED IN CBDT DATABASE ………AS PAN CARD NAME

19. Roselet says:

My pan Nos ASRPK9239N not matching when applying for GST.

20. HARI DAS .M says:

THIS PAN NUMBER NOT SHOWING IN INCOME TAX WEB SITE PLEASE CHECK TI AND FIRST NAME AND SURENAME FOR GST REGISTRATION PURPOSE THANK YOU.

PAN NUMBER : APEPG0116Q

• PARAS says:

MY PAN NO. AAJPZ1393G IS BUT GST REGISTRATION NOW SHOW ”PAN and Legal Name is not matching with CBDT database. Please submit PAN and Legal Name after validating with CBDT database” THEN REGISTRATION for GST
      kindly inform as soon as possible.