Trade Cir. No. 20T of 2012 Murnbai, Dt. 19.11.2012
Sub : Refund through Electronic Clearing Service (ECS)
Ref. : Trade Circular No. 11T2012 dated 17th July 2012.
Gentlemen / Sir/Madam,
Your attention is invited towards the Trade Circular cited at Ref. above. Vide-this Trade Circular instructions about remittance of refund through ECS were issued.
2. The Para No. 3, 3(1)(d) and 3(2) of the aforesaid Trade Circular is modified as under:
3. The facility of remittance of refund through ECS will be optional to all the dealers in Greater Mumbai. However, in future the department proposes to make ECS refund scheme mandatory. Therefore, all the dealers who do not have Bank account in an ECS enabled Bank are advised to open an account in an ECS enabled Bank.
3(1)(d) The facility of remittance of refund through ECS will be made available to the eligible dealers in Greater Mumbai. Subsequently, this facility will be made available in rest of the State.
3.(2) To avail the benefit of remittance of refund through ECS, it is mandatory to submit MANDATE FORM Physically to the Joint Commissioner of Sales Tax (Refund and Refund Audit)-2, 2nd Floor, Old Building, 73′ Wing, Mazgaon, Mumbai-10.
3. There is no change in the Format of the MANDATE FORM. Thus, all the dealers are requested to download the said Form from the Departments Web-site i.e. www.mahavat.gov.in. fill all the fields in the MANDATE FORM; and get the Bank Certificate filled and signed by the Authorised Official of the Bank. The MANDATE FROM filled in all respect should be submitted to the Joint Commissioner of Sales Tax as explained in Para- 2 above.
4. The instructions issued vide Trade Circular No. 11T of 2012 dated 17th July 2012 stand modified as above. Needless to say that rest of the instructions issued vide aforesaid Trade Circular remain unchanged.
5. If any member of the trade has any doubt, he may refer the matter to this office for further clarification or may contact to the Help Desk on Telephone No. 022-23760230 and 022-23760211 or may mail at [email protected] or [email protected]
6. You are requested to bring contents of this Trade Circular to the notice of the members of your association.
Commissioner of Sales Tax,
Maharashtra State, Mumbai.