Excel based GSTR 4 Offline tool is available on GST Portal for taxpayers to prepare their GSTR 4 return offline.
An Excel based GSTR-4 Offline tool has been provided to taxpayers, to prepare their GSTR-4 return offline.This tool can be used for generation of JSON file, for upload of data on GST Portal.
FAQs related to GSTR-4 offline utility download and requirements are as follows:-
1. How can I download and open the GSTR4 Offline Tool in my system from the GST Portal?
2. What are the basic system requirements/ configurations required to use GSTR4 Offline Tool?
The offline functions work best on Windows 7 and above and MSEXCEL 2007 and above. Detailed system required are available at (https://www.gst.gov.in/downbad/returns).
3. How do I open or launch the GSTR4 Offline Tool?
One can launch the GSTR4 Offline Tool by double clicking the downloaded GSTR_4_Excel_Utility excel sheet.
4. Is the Offline tool mobile compatible?
No. Offline tool cannot be used on mobile. Currently, Offline tool can only be used only on desktops.
5. Can a taxpayer sign/submit his GSTR4 return in the Offline tool?
No. After upload of the return to the GST Portal, the taxpayer has to preview the form, submit, Utilize Cash to pay off liabilities and then file GSTR4.