Login & DSC: Overview
1. Do I need to register my DSC before I can use it on the GST Portal to digitally sign any documents?
Yes, you must register your DSC before you can digitally sign any document on the GST Portal.
2. Is it mandatory for me to use DSC or can I opt for E-Sign?
Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
DSC is mandatory for companies and LLPs. All other entities can use DSC as well as E-Sign to digitally sign documents on the GST Portal.
3. I have forgotten my password. What can I do now?
Click the Forgot Password link to generate an OTP. OTP will be sent to your registered e-mail address and mobile phone number. Use the OTP to reset the password.
My Account: Register/Update DSC
1. How do I register/update my DSC on the GST Portal?
Precondition: You must have the free EmSigner utility installed on your system (mandatory for using DSC on the GST Portal).
- Login to the GST Portal
- Click on your username on the top right section of the post-login landing page
- From the dropdown, select My Profile
- In the My Profile landing page, click on the Register/Update DSC link under the Quick Links section
- Attach your DSC dongle and open emSigner utility
- The Register/Update DSC landing page will have a dropdown with the PANs of all the authorised signatories. Select your PAN from the dropdown.
- Select the relevant option from the emSigner utility
- Before registering, you will be asked to enter your password to authorise the registration.
- Once you enter the correct password, your DSC will be registered on the GST Portal