When GST payments are made after 8 pm, payment gets scheduled by bank for next day i.e. bank account is debited on next day for challan amount and challan also gets generated on next day.
We frequently face the issue of payment getting deducted from bank account on next day in morning but status of challan shown on gst .gov.in is still “Awaiting confirmation from bank” in which case return cannot be filed since sufficient balance in cash ledger will not be available.
Even grievance for the same is accepted by GST website only after 24 hours of payment deducted by bank.
This creates big trouble especially at time of deadlines of various returns.
If you are making payment through net banking facility of SBI, following steps will be useful
1. After payment getting debited to your bank account you can go to module Reprint challan under tag” E TAX PAYMENT”
2. Provide dates during which challan amount is deducted from bank account.
3. You will see transaction details with fields i.e. Reference no, transaction date, amount and status
4. Click on reference no, you will see Reference details
5. Last line will be hyperlink with following words “CLICK HERE TO UPDATE TRANSACTION STATUS TO GSTN PORTAL(APPLICABLE ONLY FOR GSTN TRANSACTIONS)”-click on this and you will get message”STATUS UPDATED SUCCESSFULLY”
6. After this you can login on GSTN site and check staus of challan, same will be change to “PAID”