GST has received a green signal and is soon be a part of almost all day to day transactions. The first step of compliance under GST regime would be REGISTRATION under the CGST and SGST Act.
A person liable to be registered shall get himself registered under the SGST Act of the respective states in which he carries on his business and also under CGST Act. Registration shall be obtained within 30 days from the date it becomes liable to be registered.
The basic process of registration will be different in the GST regime in many ways like
- Registration requires permission under both SGST & CGST Act.
- Rejection by any one of the authority would imply rejection by the other as well.
- No application shall be rejected without giving a person reasonable opportunity of being heard.
- application shall be deemed to be granted under CGST Act/SGST Act if application for registration has been granted under SGST Act/CGST Act.
- GST would require registration of non residents and casual taxable person too.
For the sake of simplicity the basic process of registration (other than for non residents and casual taxable person) has been reflected by means of a flow chart.