HIGHLIGHTS OF THE BUDGET PRESENTED BY DEPUTY CHIEF MINISTER AND FINANCE MINISTER, SHRI AJIT PAWAR ON 20TH MARCH, 2013
• Surveillance of transactions by Sales Tax Department to go up.
• Tax exemption on essential commodities, Solapuri chadars and towels, wet dates to continue up to 31st March, 2014.
• Tax exemption on currants and raisins to continue up to 31st March, 2014.
• Concessional rate on tea to continue up to 31st March, 2014.
• VAT exemption on Braille watches and vehicles for handicapped.
• Reduction in rate of tax of AICD heart implant from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.
• Reduction in rate of tax on certain excavators from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.
• Rice bran, hand pumps, water meter exempt from tax.
• Increase in tax rate of gold, silver and their jewellery from 1 per cent to 1.10 per cent and sugar cane purchase tax from 3 percent to 5 percent to raise fund for drought relief for one year.
• Increase in tax on biri, cigarette and tobacco.
• Textile for industrial use to be taxed at 5 percent.
• Tax on paver blocks to be increased from 5 percent to 12.5 percent.
• Financial Institutions liable to pay stamp duty on mortgage deeds.
• Increase in excise duty on country liquor, I.M.F.L. and strong beer.
• Increase in tax on Lottery.
Economic Review of the State :
• During 2012-13 Gross State Domestic product is expected to increase by 7.1%.
• For the year 2011-12 Per Capita State Income estimate at Rs. 95,339.
State Annual Plan :
• Size of Annual Plan of the State Rs.46,938 crore.
• Scheduled Caste Sub-Plan Rs. 4,787.68 crore.
• Tribal Sub Plan Rs. 4,177.48 crore
• District Plan (General) Rs. 5,200 crore.
Agricultural and Allied sectors :
• The Provision for the scheme of Providing Agriculture Loan at subsidized rate Rs. 346.75 crore.
• To Keep Buffer Stock of Fertilizers Rs. 53.50 crore.
• For Various Agricultural Development Programmes Rs. 751.04 crore
• For Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme Rs.787.39 crore.
• Provision For Irrigation Projects Rs. 7249.70 crore.
• Maharashtra Water Sector Improvement Projects Rs. 400 crore for rehabilitation of canal and distribution works.
Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fisheries :
• Poultry Development, Distribution of Goat Unit, Artificial insemination for heredity improvement and milk production Rs. 68 crore.
• Distribution of fodder seeds, chalfcutter, silage making and grass land development including grass reservoirs Rs. 43.97 crore.
• Development of Fishing Jetties Rs. 25 crore.
• Mechanisation of Fishing Boats, Preservation and Marketing of Catch Fish-Rs.37.65 crore.
Various Measures On Scarcity Situation :
• Provision For Supply of Water Rs. 850 crore.
• Provision For Fodder Supply Rs. 186 Crore.
• National calamity response fund Rs. 1050 crore.
• For Industrial Promotion Subsidy Rs. 2500 crore.
• Electricity subsidy for Powerlooms Rs. 939 crore.
• Allied and basic infrastructure for promotion of Industry Rs.123.11 crore.
Health :Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
• Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandai Yojana Rs. 325 crore.
• Construction of Health Institutes Rs. 477.98 crore.
• National Rural Health Mission Rs. 500 crore.
Education and Sports :
• Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Rashtriya Madhymik Shiksha Abhiyan Rs. 711.50 Crore.
• Provision for Girls Hostel Rs. 100 crore.
• Non salary Grants for Granted Private Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary School Rs. 266.82 crore.
• Computer Training Programme Rs. 452 crore.
• Providing Educational Material to the Student Rs. 193 crore.
• Provision For State Sports And youth Policy Rs. 150.83 crore.
• Technical Education Quality improvement Programme Rs. 80 crore.
Water Supply and Sanitation :
• National Rural Drinking Water Programme Rs. 200 crore.
• Rural Dalit Vasti Water Supply and Sanitation Rs.60 crore.
• Maharashtra Sujal Nirmal Abhiyan Rs. 145.45 crore.
Infrastructural Development :
• Road Development Rs. 2716.67 crore.
• Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Rs.120 crore.
• Viability Gap Funding For Four Laning Works Rs. 175 crore.
• Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana Rs. 64crore.
• Mihan Project Rs. 200 crore
• Railway Projects Up-gradatation of Railway Tracks Rs. 63.72 crore.
• For Aviation Projects and Modernization of Airports Rs. 240.69 crore.
• Projects of Mahajeneco Rs. 1902 crore.
• Hydro Electric Prjects Rs. 196.47 crore.
• Government Contribution for Various Projects of Mahadiscom Rs. 409.42 crore.
• Share Capital for the Projects of Mahatransco Rs. 300 crore.
• Non-conventional Energy Sources Development Rs. 80 crore.
Urban Development and Housing :
• Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission Rs. 1600 crore.
• Maharashtra Survarna Jayanti Nagarotthan Mahabhiyan Rs.650 crore.
• Assistance for Amenities Developments for Newly Created/ Newly added areas of Urban Local Bodies Rs. 20 crore.
• Scheme of Basic Services to Urban Poor Rs. 220 crore.
• Rajiv Awas Yojana Rs. 40 crore.
Welfare of Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes and Weaker Section :
• Aam Admi Vima Yojana Rs. 34.29 crore.
• Financial Assistance to Families belonging to Schedule Casts for construction of dwelling units Rs. 320 crore.
• Construction of Tribal Ashram Schools, Hostels and other works Rs. 501.38 crore.
• Golden Jubilee Pre-Matric Scholarship for Tribal Rs. 203.68 crore.
• Thakkar Bappa Adivasi Vasti Sudhar Yojana Rs. 245.23 crore.
• Electrification In Tribal Areas Rs. 82.89 crore.
• Programme for Health In Tribal Area Rs. 244.33 crore.
• Minority Development Rs. 280 crore.
• Janashree Bima Yojana Rs. 12 crore.
Women and Child Development :
• Nutrition Programme for children in age of 0 to 6 and Pregnant woman and Lactating Mothers Rs. 1264.76 crore.
• Rajiv Gandhi Sabala Yojana Rs. 110.78 crore.
Home Department :
• Modernization Of Police Force Rs. 317.17 crore.
• Installation of CCTV Surveillance Rs. 149.78 crore.
Rural Development and Tourism :
• Backward Regions Grant Fund Rs. 309 crore.
• Rural Pilgrimage Development Scheme Rs. 25 crore.
• Kokan Rural Tourism Rs. 50 crore.
• To Develop Infrastructure For Tourism and Land Acquisition of Land for Sea World Project in Sindhudurg Rs. 285 crore.
Planning Department :
• Development Plan for Taj Bagh area at Nagpur Rs. 20 crore.
• Development Plan for Seva Gram At Wardha Rs. 30 crore.
Constructions of Building :
• Constructions of Administrative Buildings, Government Quarters, Various Government Offices Rs. 118.08 crore.
• Constructions of Administrative Building and Government Quarters of Zilaparishad/Panchayat Samiti Rs. 55 crore.
• Constructions of Residential Buildings for Police Rs. 100.30 crore.
• Constructions of Police Stations and Office Buildings Rs.88 crore.
• Constructions of Court Buildings and Residential Quarters for Judges Rs. 213.60 crore.
• Constructions of Godowns Rs. 24 crore.
• Constructions of Administrative Building under Revenue Departments.133. 66 crore.
Development of Marathi Language :
• Provision for Various Programmes for Preservation and Development of Marathi Language Rs. 15.60 crore. Cultural Activities :
• For Preservation and Conservation of Historical Heritage of Monuments and Museums Rs. 37 crore.
Download Budget Speech