DGSYS/APP/CZU/RGMO/1/2020-ADD/JD-III- O/0 ADG-DGS-ZU-CHENNAI
OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL ADDITIONAL DIRECTOR GENERAL OF SYSTEMS &
GST & CENTRAL EXCISE, GST BHAVAN,
MAHATHMA GANDHI ROAD, NUNGAMBAKKAM, CHENNAI -34
C.No. DGSYS/APP/CZU/RGMO/1/2020-ADD/JD-III Date: 24.2.2023
Registration Advisory No. 08/2023
Sub: Automatic drop proceedings of Suo moto cancellation – reg.
GSTN has implemented a new functionality of automation of drop proceeding of suo motu cancellation of registration where the registration was suspended by GSTN for non-filing of returns through REG-17. If the taxpayer files all the pending returns, even without replying to the notice online, the system will auto drop the suo moto cancellation proceedings after certain validations thereby changing the taxpayer status from suspended to active.
2. If for any technical reason, the drop proceeding is not carried out automatically post filing of all the pending returns, the taxpayer has an option to initiate “Drop Proceeding” by clicking on ‘Initiate drop proceeding’ button on the GST portal. Once the taxpayer initiates, system revokes the suspension after certain validations and the GSTIN becomes active in the GST portal (front-end) as well as in the CBIC- ACES GST application (back-end) without tax officer’s intervention.
3. The above functionality is integrated by CBIC- ACES GST application and deployed w.e.f. 23.02.2023. Once the suo moto cancellation is auto dropped by GSTN, the task would no longer appear in the task list in the dashboard of the tax officer. The auto drop status can be viewed from the history details by clicking on the eye icon in the active list page where the transaction type is “Cancellation by tax official” and the status is “Auto Dropped” (Screenshot attached).
4. The vendor (Wipro) is required to rectify the defects/errors/bugs, noticed if any, in the functionality after its deployment to production. It is therefore requested that this advisory may be circulated among all the concerned officers for their guidance, and issues, if any, in performance of the functionality may immediately be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org for necessary resolution. Copy of the communication with ticket details may also be forwarded to this office at email@example.com for further follow up.
Pr. Additional Director General
1. All the Pr. Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of GST Zones.
2. The Pr. DG/DG, DGGI/DGGST/DG(Audit)/DG(TPS).
3. The Commissioner, GST (Policy Wing).
4. All the Pr. Commissioners/Commissioners of GST.
5. The Pr. ADCs/ ADGs of Systems, New Delhi/ Bengaluru / Kolkata.
Copy submitted to.
The Pr. Director General, Systems Sr Data Management, New Delhi for information pl.
Auto-dropped status visible in the action history of GSTIN in active reg. list