1. Person who are liable to deduct – All Government undertakings.
2. Time of deduction – At the time of payment.
3. Thresh Hold for deduction – Rs. 2,50,000/-
4. No deduction in case – Location and place of supply of supplier is different from the place of his registration.
5.TDS Credit can be taken in following cases –
(a) In case of Intrastate Supply Supplier may take credit in electronic cash ledger.
(b) In case where supplier and place of supply is in different state Supplier may take credit in electronic cash ledger.
6. Case in which TDS not be deducted – Supplier and place of supply is in State A and recipient in State B
7. Registration – Compulsory with a help of TAN no. (without any limit).
8. Registration application form – 07.
9. Deposit TDS in Government account – By 10th of succeeding month.
10. Return – GSTR – 7 (not annual)
11. TDS certificate – Required to be generated by deductor in GSTR – 7A within 5 days of crediting amount to Govt.
12. Late Fees – Rs. 100 / upto Rs. 5,000 from expiry of 5th day of certificate issue.
13. Value of Supply – Excluding GST and cess.
14. Rate – 2% (1% CGST and SGST each)