F.No 113-03/2017-SB (Pt.1)
Govt. of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles/Regions
Subject: Revision of interest rates for National (Small) Savings Schemes w.e.f. 01.07.2021
The undersigned is directed to say that vide O.M. no. 1/4/2019-NS dated 30.06.2021 (copy enclosed), Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division) has informed that, the rate of interest on various National (Small) Savings Schemes for the second quarter of financial year 2021-22 starting from 1st July, 2021 and ending onÂ 30thÂ September,Â 2021Â shallÂ remainÂ unchangedÂ fromÂ theÂ current Â interest rates applicable for the first quarter (1st April, 2021 to 30th June, 2021).
The details of interest rates are indicated belt w for ready re1â€™erence: –
|SI. No.||National Savings Scheme||Rate of interest w.e.f. 01.04.2021 to 30.06.2021 (%)||Rate of interest w.e.f 01.07.2021 to 30.09.2021 (unchanged)||Compounding Frequency*|
|01.||Post Office Savings Account||4.0||4.0||Annually|
|02.||1 Year Time Deposit||5.5||5.5||Quarterly|
|03.||2 Year Time Deposit||5.5||5.5||Quarterly|
|04.||3 Yeai Time Deposit||5.5||5.5||Quarterly|
|0fi.||5 Year Time Deposit||6.7||6.7||Quarterly|
|06.||5 Year Recurring Deposit Scheme||5.8||5.8||Quarterly|
|07.||Senior Citizen Savings Scheme||74||7.4||Quarterly and Paid|
|08.||Monthly Income Account||6.6||6.6||Monthly and paid|
|09.||National Savings Certificate (VIII Issue)||6.8||6.8||Annually|
|10.||Public Provident Fund Scheme||7.1||7.1||Annually|
|11.||Kisan Vikas Patra||6.9 (will mature in 124 months)||6.9 (will mature in 124 months)||Annually|
|12.||Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme||7.6||7.6||Annually|
3. It is requested to circulate it to all concerned for information and necessary guidance. It may also be placed on the notice board of all Post Offices in public area.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB-II)
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General (Postal Services).
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)/AS & FA
4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
6. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
7. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
10. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
11. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
12. All Sections of Postal Directorate
13. All recognized Federations / Unions/ Associations
14. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
15. MOF (DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
16. Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
17. Guard File
18. Spare copies.
Article Lacks Exclusivity