Revised Cover page of both SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in CBS and non CBS Post Offices for better identification as well as ease of operation notified.
S.B. Order 28/2020
e.F.No. 114-02/2002-SB (Pt-I)
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: – 24.09.2020
All Head of Circles/Regions,
Subject:- Regarding amendment in SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks used in CBS and non CBS Post Offices.
Kindly refer to the SB Order No. 28/2020, issued vide this office letter No. 114-02/2002- SB (Pt.I) dated 10.08.2020 on aforesaid subject. This office has been receiving references/suggestion that cover page of both passbooks should be different for better identification as well as ease of operation.
2. The issue has been examined in this office and the competent authority has decided to specify different type of cover page for SB-5 and SB-5A passbooks.
3. Accordingly, revised cover page for SB-5 and SB-5A is enclosed for information and further necessary action. These revised cover pages will be used for new procurement/printing. Other specification (i.e. size, paper, thread) will remain same as being used in existing passbooks.
4. Existing stock of passbook should continue to be used till it is exhausted.
5. It is requested to circulate this SB Order to all concerned for information and necessary action.
This issues with approval of the Competent Authority.
Assistant Director (SB-II)
Enclosed:- As above
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General Postal Services.
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/ Member (O)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)/AS & FA
4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
6. Sr. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
7. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
10. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
11. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
12. All Sections of Postal Directorate
13. All recognized Federations / Unions/ Associations
14. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
15. MOF (DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
16. Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Building, 4 Deendayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002
17. Guard File
18. Spare copies.