No. 5/36/97-PC-II (Pt)
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
Policy Circular No. 38 (RE-98)/98-99 ,
Dated, the 21st Sept., 1998
1. All Licensing Authorities
2. All Commissioners of Customs & Central Excise
3. The Federation of Indian Export Organisation, New Delhi
4. All Export Promotion Councils and Commodity Boards
5. MMTC, New Delhi
Subject :- Replenishment licences in cases where Bank Certificate or Customs attested invoice or Shipping bills is lost –
Attention is invited to Paragraph 8.10 of the Handbook of Procedures (Vol.1),1997-2002 wherein procedure for obtaining REP licences in cases where the original Bank certificate or customs attested invoice or shipping bill is lost has been given.
2. Certain representations have been received seeking clarification as to how to obtain Gold/Silver/Platinum from nominated agencies where Bank certificate or custom attested invoice or shipping bill has been lost. This issue has been examined and it is clarified that procedure prescribed under Paragraph 8.10 of the Handbook of Procedures(Vol.1),1997-2002 will also be applicable for taking Gold/silver/platinum from the nominated agencies.
Dy.Director General of Foreign Trade