TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY
(PART – I, SECTION – 1)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 54 / 2004-2009
NEW DELHI, 15th February, 2005
S.O. (E) : In exercise of powers conferred under Paragraph 2.4 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2004-09, the Director General of Foreign Trade hereby makes the following amendments in Handbook of Procedure (Vol.1) :
1. Para 2.32 (i) (b) will be amended to read as follows :
(b) The import of metallic waste and scrap in unshredded, compressed and loose form shall be permitted through the following ports only :
1. Chennai, 2. Cochin, 3. Ennore, 4. JNPT, 5. Kandla, 6. Mormugao, 7. Mumbai, 8. New Mangalore, 9. Paradip, 10. Tuticorin, 11. Vishakhapatnam, 12. ICD Tughlakabad, 13. Pipava, 14.Mundra, 15. Kolkata, 16. ICD Ludhiana, 17. ICD Dadri, Greater Noida and 18. ICD Nagpur.
2. Annexure – 1 to Appendix – 28 will be amended as follows :
PRE – SHIPMENT INSPECTION CERTIFICATE
Please see paragraph 2.32 (I) of Handbook of Procedure (Vol.1)
(I) Details of Importer
(a) Name _______________________
(b) Address _______________________
(c) Telephone No. _______________________
(d) E-mail _______________________
(II) Details of import :
|Description of metallic
(III) Details of tests carried out : _________________
DECLARATION / UNDERTAKING
1. The consignment does not contain any type of arms, ammunition, mines, shells, cartridges, radio active contaminated or any other explosive material in any form either used or otherwise.
2. The import consignment is actually metallic scrap / seconds / defective as per the internationally accepted parameters for such a classification.
3. I / We hereby declare that the particulars and statements made in this certificate are true and correct and nothing has been concealed or held therefrom.
Date _________ Official Seal
Name of the agency as____________________
Per Appendix 28 ____________________
Note : This pre-shipment inspection certification is issued under paragraph 2.32 (i) of Handbook of Procedures (Vol.1) for unshredded, compressed and loose forms of metallic waste and scrap.
This issues in public interest.
Director General of Foreign Trade
And Ex-Officio Additional Secretary to the Govt. of India.
Copy to all concerned;
(Issued from File No. 01/89/180/Misc-42/AM05/PC-I(A)