GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF FOREIGN TRADE
UDYOG BHAVAN, NEW DELHI
POLICY CIRCULAR NO. 10 (RE-2001)/1997-2002
Dated 26th September, 2001
1. The Indian Sugar and General Industry Export Import Corporation Ltd., New Delhi.
2. All Commissioners of Customs
3. All Port OfficesOnline GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
4. All others as usual.
Subject:- Placement of quantity of 10,000 MTs. of white sugar under preferential quota to EEC.
1. Attention is invited to Paragraph 4.25 of Handbook of Procedures-Vol.I 1997-2002 (incorporating amendments made upto 31st March, 2001 ).
2. It has been decided to allocate a quantity of 10,000 MTs ( Ten thousand MTs) of Free Sale sugar out of season’s production ( 2000-2001) for export to EEC as preferential white sugar quota ( 2001-2002 ).
3. As regards the special certification requirements for preferential sugar under European Commission Regulation No. 2782/76, the export of white sugar under the above policy circular shall be subject to the following endorsement :-
“ ITEM NO.
PREFERENTIAL SUGAR REGULATION
COMMON CODE OF SUGAR 1701”
5. The Indian Sugar and General Industry Export Import Corporation Ltd., (ISGIEIC Ltd.), now known as Indian Sugar Exim Corporation Ltd., shall be sole agency authorized to export white sugar to EEC against the preferential Quota as indicated above.
5. This issues with the approval of Director General of Foreign Trade.
(A. K. Srivastava)
Dy. Director General of Foreign Trade
For Director General of Foreign Trade