OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS NS – IV
JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA
TAL: URAN, DIST. RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA -400707
Public Notice No. 96/2017
Sub: – Permission for bringing goods meant for export by import/domestic freight containers-reg.
Attention of all the importers, Exporters, Customs Brokers, and other stake holders is invited to the issue of ‘Permission for bringing goods meant for export by import/domestic freight containers’.
2. Communications have been received from the trade that many exporters use imported/domestic “freight containers for bringing goods meant for export such goods are carted in CFS for further customs procedure and examination before grant of “Let Export Order”. Exporters have also submitted that bringing goods in such containers is advantageous to them in terms of lesser cost of transportation, more safety of material, easy handling, stacking of goods while in transit etc. They have also submitted that in such cases, goods are physically carted in CFS in 100% of the cases.
3. In this regard, the matter has been examined and it has been decided that:-
i) Imported/domestic freight containers may be permitted to enter the CFS only when these containers are carrying the goods meant for export.
ii) The goods must be carted in the CFS immediately.Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
iii) Gate Officer shall ensure that the imported/domestic freight container is empty at the time of exit from the CFS gate.
iv) In no case, the empty container shall be allowed to go out of CFS gate without physical examination of the said container by the Gate Officer.
v) The Gate Officer shall endorse the gate pass as “checked and found empty”.
4. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: email@example.com, Phone No : 022-27244959).
Commissioner of Customs (NS-IV).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
2. All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
3. All Addl./Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
4. All Deputy/Asstt. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II.
5. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH website.
6. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. All other Trade Associations.