F. No. S/12-Gen-82/2016-17/AM(X)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 84/2017
Sub: Finalization of prior & advance bills of entry, need to issue entry inward properly; reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Port Terminal Operator, Shipping Lines/Shipping Agents, CFSs and all other stakeholders is invited to various Public Notices issued from time in relation to finalization of prior & advance bills of entry and issue of entry inward.
2. The procedure and processes involved in grant of ”Entry Inward” and prior to Final BE (Regularize BE) is as under:
i. IGM details are filed by shipping lines and Grant of entry inward is entered by boarding officer.
ii. BE filed in three stages.
a) Advance BE: BE filed with required IGM details like Master BL & date, House BL & date, Gross weight, total packages without IGM number and IGM date.
b) Prior BE: BE filed with complete IGM details as per format.
c) Final: BE filed with required IGM details after arrival of vessel (After Grant of Entry Inward date).
3. Following are the steps involved while granting “entry inward” in the system:
i. CFS MOVEMENT APPROVAL PROCESS STARTED.
ii. CFS MOVEMENT APPROVAL PROCESS COMPLETED.
iii. SMPTP APPROVAL PROCESS STARTING.
iv. SMPTP APPROVAL PROCESS COMPLETED.
v. CONTAINER BOND DEBIT APPROVAL PROCESS STARTING.
vi. CONTAINER BOND DEBIT APPROVAL PROCESS COMPLETED.
vii. Inward Entry Has been Granted.
3.1 Thus, as and when “entry inward” is granted and entered by boarding officer in the ICES system, the system has been designed to automatically regularize the BE which are filed as advance and prior BE.
4. However, the system will not automatically regularize the prior /advance bills of entry:
i. when there is mismatch of IGM details and BE details such as packages, gross weight, bill of lading no & date, corresponding units weights and packages etc.
ii. When “entry inward” is not properly granted / entered in the system. It has been noticed that if once particulars required to grant “entry inward” in the system are entered, the system takes some time to complete the aforesaid processes.
However, if the Boarding Officer aborts / suspends the said process, system will show the status as “entry inward granted” but other processes as mentioned in Para 3 above including “automatically regularization of the BE, which are filed as advance and prior BE” will not complete. Consequently, importers had to approach either EDI section or docks officer to get such BEs regularized in the system on individual basis.
5. Now, Boarding Officers have been advised that while granting “entry inward”, they should allow completion of all activities. If they receive message that “any of the above processes failed” they should immediately inform the fact along with screenshot to AC/ DC EDI, JNCH. It will be responsibility of AC/ DC EDI, JNCH to immediately escalate issues of ICE GATE Help desk and DG System officials and monitor till issues are resolved.
6. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Preventive General (PG) or DC/ AC Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No : 022-27244959). The specific issue, if any, may be brought to the notice of Additional Commissioner / Joint Commissioner in charge of Preventive General (PG) for remedial action.
7. This, issues with approval of the Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-IV).