OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS NS-II &
IV JAWAHAR LAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE,
NHAVA SHEVA TAL: URAN, DIST. RAIGAD,
No.S/12-Gen-82/201 5-16 AM(X)
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 153/2017
SUB : Drawing of samples for the purpose of grant of drawback (Circular 47/2017-Customs dated 27.11.2017 –reg.
Attention of the Exporters, Custom Brokers and all concerned is invited to the Board Circular No. 47/2017-Customs dated 27.11.2017, 34/95-Cus dated 6.4.1995, 57/97- Customs dated 31.10.1997 and 25/2005-Customs and PUBLIC NOTICE No. 22/2009 issued vide File No. S/22-Gen-116 / 2008 AM Date: 21.04.2009 prescribing monetary limits with respect to drawing of samples for the purpose of grant of drawback and giving exemptions from sampling requirements in certain situations.
2. In this regard, in order to further facilitate trade and enhance the ease of doing business, Board has decided to rescind the Circular Nos. 34/95-Cus dated 6.4.1995, 57/97- Customs dated 31.10.1997 and 25/2005-Customs. The export shipments shall continue to be subjected to appropriate treatment in terms of risk criteria provided in Risk Management System (RMS). Wherever export consignments are selected for assessment or examination, the officer of Customs not below the rank of Assistant or Deputy Commissioner of Customs would determine the need to draw sample on merits of each case. Since drawback payment is subject to finalisation of case after receipt of test report of samples, monitoring on regular basis at senior level should be undertaken so that samples are drawn only where necessary and the cases are closed in a timely manner and not later than thirty days from date of let export. Customs may draw samples in case of any specific intelligence or doubt of misuse, fraud, etc.
3. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of the Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone No : 022-27244959,).
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
2. All the Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
3. All Addl./ Joint Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
4. All Deputy/ Asst. Commissioners of Customs, Mumbai Zone- II.
5. The DC/ EDI for uploading on the JNCH website.
6. Bombay Custom Broker’s Association.
7. All Other Trade Associations.