F. No. 01/91/180/879/AM08/Export Cell/Pt
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated 31 July, 2017
TRADE NOTICE No. 12/2018
1. Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Author ty (APEDA), New Delhi
2. All EPCs
3. Federation of Indian Export Organisations
4. All Regional Authorities of DGFTOnline GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
Subject : Allocation of quantity (non-country specific) for export of sugar to USA under Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ).
USDA Foreign Agriculture Service has announced the non-country specific Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) for refined sugar to 182000 MTRV (metric tons raw vah te) for exporters from all WTO countries for the US fiscal year 2018 (October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018) which includes; (i) 22000 MTRV (1656 MTRV reserved for speciality sugar), the minimum quantity committed by USA under the WTO agreement; and (ii) additional 160,000 MTRV for specialty sugars.
2. For the Fiscal year 2018, all imports of the organic and other speciality sugar are to be administered by US Authorities on a first-come, first served (FCFS) basis in five tranches as detailed below :
|Tranche||Quantity (MTRV)||Type of sugar||Dale of opening|
|All types of specialty sugar||02.10.2017|
|Second||48000||Organic and other specialty sugar not produced domestically||18.10.2017|
|Third||48000||Organic and other specialty sugar not produced domestically||23.01.2018|
|Fourth||32000||Organic and other specialty sugar not produced domestically||17.04.2018|
|Fifth||32000||Organic and other specialty sugar not produced domestically||17.07.2018|
MTRV : Metric Tons Raw Value
3. As there is stiff competition among suppliers, the quota of speciality sugar fills immediately. Therefore, Indian supplier (s) are advised to identify a US company with presence in the US who is supposed to apply to USDA for tariff free quota.
4. This Trade Notice is issued to bring to the attention of the trade to utilize the opportunity for export of speciality sugar to USA from TRQ quota (non-cow try specific).
5. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
Tele No. 23063419
e-mail : arunoday.g oswami
1. PS to Hon’ble CIM
2. PSO to Commerce Secretary
3. PPS to DGFT
4. PPS to ADG(NKS), DGFT