F. No. 01/91/180/879/AM08/Export Cell/Pt
Government of India
Ministry of Commerce & Industry
Department of Commerce
Directorate General of Foreign Trade
Udyog Blawan, New Delhi
Dated 13th April, 2017
TRADE NOTICE No. 02/2018
1. Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA), New Delhi
2. All EPCs
3. Federation of Indian Export Organisations
4. All Regional Authorities of DGFT
Subject : Allocation of additional quantity (non-country specific) for export of sugar to USA under Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ).Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
USDA Foreign Agriculture Service has increased the non-country specific Tariff Rate Quota (TRQ) for refined sugar to 2,02,000 MTRV (metric tons raw value) by adding another 40,000 MTRV of speciality sugar, which is available for exporters from all WTO countries for the US fiscal year 2017 (October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017). The additional quantity of speciality sugar is not a country specific quota and will be operated by USDA authorities on First-Come, First-Serve (FCFS) basis.
2. For the Fiscal year 2017, quota for one tranch i.e. July 7 of the speciality sugar under TRQ is still available. As there is stiff competition among suppliers, the quota of speciality sugar fills immediately. Therefore, Indian supplier (s) are advised to identify a US company with presence in the US who is supposed to apply to USDA for tariff free Quota. The trade may access the details from the following links :
3. This Trade Notice is issued to bring to the attention of the trace to utilize the opportunity for export of speciality sugar to USA from additional quota (non-country specific).
4. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Joint Director General of Foreign Trade
Tele No. 23063419
e-mail : email@example.com