OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (GENERAL)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA-SHEVA,
TAL- URAN, DIST-RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA –400 707.
F. NO. S/8-Gen-07/2014-15 Cash Section JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO: 72/2017
Subject: Acceptance of late charges (section 46 of Customs Act, 1962) / amendment fees by JNCH on 24 X 7 basis:
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, Trade Associations, Port Terminal Operator, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to earlier public notices (including Public Notice No 07/2017, dated 13.01.2017) issued in relation to functioning of Cash Section and acceptance of payment by this section.
2. Trade has represented that they are facing difficulty in making payment of certain late charges / amendment fees (as detailed below) beyond working hours.
i. Amendment fees as prescribed under Notification No. 36/2017-Customs (NT), dated 11th April 2017 ( refer Board Circular No 14/2017-Customs, dated 11th April 2017);
ii. Late charges for delayed filing of Bill of Entry under Section 46 of Customs Act, 1962 (refer Board Circular No 12/2017-Customs (F.No.450/10/2017-CusIV], dated 31.03.2017) (in case of manual Bill of entry, if need arises)
3. It has been decided that officer on duty in Control Room of JNCH (working on 24 X 7 basis) will accept the aforesaid late charges / amendment fees beyond working hours and issue acknowledgement subject to following conditions:
i. Normally, aforesaid payments should be made by cheque (subject to realization) /demand draft / pay order only:
ii. In case of cash payment, maximum limit is Rs 5000/- per transaction only.
4. Officer on duty in Control Room of JNCH will ensure that relevant details are entered in the Register (to be maintained as per format given below) and handover al documents (including challan, cheque / demand draft / pay order, cash amount) as submitted by person making payment to officer in charge of cash section before 12 AM of next working day;
Name & designation of officer on control room duty
Name of person/ importer / exporter making payment
Challan No & date
Cheque No / DD No / Pay
Officer of cash section receiving / acknowledging cash / DD / Cheque etc
Date & time of receipt by Cash section
In case of cheque, Whether cheque realized
5. Cash section will account for all such payments received beyond working hours in their register and deposits such cheque / demand draft / pay order or cash payment to government account immediately on the day of receipt itself. If any payment made through cheque is not realized for any reason, immediate action need to be taken (including action under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881) against the person making such payment.
6. Difficulty, if any may also be brought to the notice of Deputy / Assistant Commissioner in charge of Appraising Main (Export) through email / phones (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone No : 022-27244959).
7. This, issues with approval of the Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-IV).