CIRCULAR NO. 25/2005-Cus.
(Amendment to Cir. 57/97-Cus. dt 31.10.1997)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise & Customs
Subject: Testing of goods exported under Drawback/DEEC/Pass Book Scheme.
Circular No.57/97-Cus. dated 31.10.97 was issued by the Board to streamline the procedure for drawal and testing of samples under export promotion schemes. As a measure of export facilitation it was provided that in case of manufacturer-exporters, in house test results may be relied upon for the purpose of logging of DEEC export/verification of credit under the Pass Book Scheme, provided the manufacturer-exporter has been awarded ISO 9002 certification
2. Representations have been received from the trade that ISO 9001, ISO 9002 and ISO 9003 are identical specifications under the series ISO 9000 and therefore, a manufacturer-exporter who has been awarded with any of the ISO 9000 series certification should be extended the facility at par with those awarded with any of the ISO 9002 series certification. The matter was examined by the Conference of Chief Commissioners of Customs on Tariff and Allied Matters held at Shillong during 13th – 15th May, 2004 and the Conference has recommended to extend the inhouse testing facility for goods exported under the various export promotion schemes to manufacturer exporters awarded with any of ISO 9000 series certification.
3. The recommendation of the conference has been accepted by the Board. Accordingly, it has been decided that in case of manufacturer-exporter, inhouse test results may be relied upon for the purpose of exports under the various export promotion schemes p
4. rovided the manufacturer-exporter has been awarded with any of the ISO 9000 series certification. Other provisions of the Circular No. 57/97-Cus dated 31.10.1997 will apply mutatis-mutandis to such manufacturer-exporter.
5. A suitable Public Notice and Standing Order may be issued for the guidance of trade and field formations . Difficulties, if any, in implementation of the Circular may be brought to the notice of the Board at an early date.
6. Receipt of this Circular may please be acknowledged.
( R.K. TALAJIA )
OFFICER ON SPECIAL DUTY (DRAWBACK)