Circular No. 73/98- Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue, New Delhi
Mumbai Custom House has reported that certain that certain parties have managed to obtain DEPB Scrips on the basis of forged documents in the name of following non-existant firms :
1. M/ s Kutee Mercantile P. Ltd
2. M/s Hindustan Mercantile P. Ltd.
3. M/s Gumoha Export P. Ltd.
No exports have been made against these DEPB scrips and thus the same are fraudulent and no clearances of imported goods should be permitted against these DEPB scrips.
3. Investigations carried out reveal that the said DEPB scrips have so far have been transferred to the following parties :
1. M/s Bha Dwarkadas Vallabhdas, Mumbai
2. M/s INU Exports P. Ltd.
3. M/s Ruchi Infrastructure Ltd.
4. M/s Ruch Soya Ind. Ltd.
5. M/s G.R. Agarwal, Calcutta.
6. M/s Tarulata Trading P.Ltd.
7. M/s Shreyans Steel Resources, Mumbai
8. M/s Tata Hydro- Electrica Power Supply Co. Ltd.
It is also revealed that the said DEPB scrips have been produced for clearances at Mumbai, Kandla, Mangalore and Cochin Custom houses.
4. It is quite possible that the side DEPB scrips would be used at other Custom stations to claim exemption from payment of duty. You are requested to ensure that no clearances of imported goods are made against the said DEPB scrips. An attempt to clear goods against the said DEPB scrips may be brought to the notice of the Board as well as Mumbai Custom House who are investigating this case.