[PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (I)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
8th July, 2002.
Notification No. 43/2002-Customs (N.T.)
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 81of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), the Central Board of Excise and Customs hereby makes the following regulations to further amend the Baggage (Transit to Customs Stations) Regulations, 1967, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement – (1) These regulations may be called the Baggage (Transit to Customs Stations) Amendment Regulations, 2002.Online GST Certification Course by TaxGuru & MSME- Click here to Join
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Baggage (Transit to Customs Stations) Regulations, 1967, hereinafter referred to as the said regulations for the words ” or Cochin”, wherever they occur, the words “, Cochin, Ahmedabad, Goa, Calicut, Coimbatore, Lucknow or Amritsar” shall be substituted.
3. In regulation 2 of the said regulations, –
(a) for the words “air or by a passenger train”, the words “air, a passenger train or trucks” shall be substituted;
(b) after clause (c), following clause shall be inserted, namely:-
” (d) in the case of goods to be transported by trucks, the carrier shall be responsible for carriage of goods to destination Customs in containerised truck after sealing of the same by one time bottle seal by Customs and on execution of bond and security to the satisfaction of the Commissioner of Customs at the originating Airport/Air-cargo Complex.”.
4. In regulation 4 of the said regulations, for the words “five rupees”, the words ” twenty rupees” shall be substituted.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Note :- The Principal Regulations issued vide notification No.61/67-Cus., dated 3rd June, 1967 was published in the Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3, sub-section (i) dated 3rd June, 1967 vide G.S.R. No.842 dated 3rd June, 1967 and was last amended by notificationNo.39/86-Cus., dated 12th February, 1986 published in Gazette of India Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, sub-section (i) dated 12th February, 1986 vide G.S.R. No.197(E) dated 12th February, 1986.