A registered trademark is a symbol, logo, word, slogan, or company name. It protects your status and stops other businesses from trespassing on your intellectual assets.Trademark registration online is an easy process.
Use of Trademark in India?
Trademark protection in India demands that owners use it regularly, increasing promotion and advertisement across all platforms. They also help in security, allowing for easier enforcement against breaches and copying.
There are three types of trademarks:
The rules for each of these types change slightly, but they all follow basic laws.
Trademark Authority of India
The Trade Marks Registry established in India in 1940, and it currently governs the Trade Marks Act, 1999, and the rules declared under it. It serves as an information centre, as well as a facilitator in brand topics in the country.
SIX FACTS WHY TRADEMARK IS IMPORTANT
1. Important Assets– It is a valuable asset for your company or business. These assets continue to grow in value over time. The value of your trademarks increases automatically as your company grows. As a result, as your company grows, so does the value of your brand.
2. Brand safeguarding– A trademark registration establishes ownership of a brand, name, or logo. It safeguards your brand against unauthorised third-party use. This establishes that the product is entirely yours, and you have the sole right to use, sell, and modify the brand or goods in any way you see fit.
3. Gives a sense of individuality to the brand– Every business requires a brand or logo to stand out and differentiates your brand from others, so a brand that is unique and different must be registered. As a result, a registered logo provides your brand with a distinct identity.
4. Tool for Simple Communication– Yes, it is an effective and simple communication tool. They are the ones who speak for themselves. It is easy to determine which brand your product belongs to. For example, if you see a silver-coloured half-bitten apple on any device, whether it’s a laptop or a phone, you know it’s an Apple product.
5. Customers will find it easy to find– Customers can easily locate a product with a registered label. Because it is a powerful tool with a distinct identity, they are easily traceable, and customers can easily find your product.
6. It lasts forever– Once registered, a trademark lasts forever. Any company that registers a trademark owns it in life. Yes, the registration is renewed every ten years. However, the brand’s identity will live on in continuity.
To sum everything up…
When organising a company, registering a trademark is a top priority. It will safeguard a company from the start, allowing it to grow in the long run. It is important to secure it from the start to gain an advantage and avoid financial loss in the future.
Are you feeling overwhelmed or troubled? No problem; if you have any questions about trademark registration or importance you can reach out to us at StartEazy.