PETROLEUM AND NATURAL GAS
New Delhi, the 6th March, 2017
S.O. 753(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly to them in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And, whereas, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana ( PMUY) (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) aims to safeguard the health of women and children by providing them with a clean cooking fuel – Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), so that they don’t have to compromise their health in smoky kitchens or wander in unsafe areas collecting firewood. A woman of the Below Poverty Line (BPL) household (hereinafter referred to as the Beneficiary), may apply for a new LPG connection to the nearest LPG distributor. The connection will be issued by the Oil Marketing Companies (hereinafter referred to as the OMC) to the eligible beneficiaries after processing the application. The expense for new LPG connection issued under PMUY and subsidy thereafter is provided as benefit to the beneficiary.
And, whereas, the aforesaid benefit under the Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas hereby notifies the following, namely:—
1. (1) Individual beneficiary desirous of availing the benefits under the scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) A beneficiary desirous of availing the benefits under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall have to apply for Aadhaar enrollment by 3 1st May, 2017, provided she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre (list available at UIDAI website uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the concerned OMC which requires a beneficiary to furnish Aadhaar is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case of absence of any Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the OMC is required to provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the beneficiary, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such beneficiary subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:–
(a) (i) if she has enrolled her Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph 2 ; and
(b) Any one of the following documents:
(i) Bank passbook with photograph; or
(ii) Voter identity card; or
(iii) Ration Card, or
(iv) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card; or
(v) Passport; or
(vi) Driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(vii) Certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer on an official letter head; or
(viii) Kisan Photo passbook; or
(ix) Any other documents specified by the Central Government;
Provided further that the aforesaid documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the OMC for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits under the Scheme to the beneficiaries, the OMC shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(a) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through the LPG dealerships, etc., and any other offices, shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 31stMay, 2017 in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to
(b) In case the beneficiaries of the scheme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the OMC through its LPG distributors is required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, address, mobile number, LPG connection ID and other details as specified in the proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the concerned LPG distributor or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union Territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. P-20019/53/2014-LPG]
ASHUTOSH JINDAL, Jt. Secy.