Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. Of India
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan, 14-Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
No. R-I/P-20/UAN/2014/Vol. II/456 Dated: 24.08.2016
All Additional Central PF Commissioners (Political States),
All Regional PF Commissioners, In-charge of Regions,
All Officers in Charge, Sub-Regional Offices
Subject: Delinking of wrongly linked UANs-reg
It has been informed by few employers, members and field offices that member IDs o members in some cases have been wrongly linked to UAN of other members. This has happened because of wrong approval by the employer. It has been requested to delink the member IDs from such wrongly linked UANs.
2. The matter has been examined and it has been decided that all such requests for the linking should be recommended by the concerned field office. The following points should be noted while sending the recommendations:
- The field office should obtain all such requests from the employers and should recommend the delinking of member IDs to Head Office
- The request should be sent through office e-mail ID to the e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com .in.
- The subject of the mail should only be “Delinking of wrongly linked UANs”.
- The name and designation of the officer (of the level of APFC & above) sending the recommemdatory e-mail should be mentioned without The e-mail, without the name and designation of the officer would not be considered.
3. It may be noted that in the revised version of UAN & ECR to be commenced shortly, the UAN would have the member details linked to the latest member Id. Thus, it becomes very important that all such wrongly linked member Ids may be identified immediately by issuing appropriate communications to employers as the UAN data is to be migrated in the second fortnight of September, 2016. It is requested that all such requests should be forwarded with recommendations to Head Office by 02.09.2016.
Additional Central P.F. Commissioner -I (IS)