SECRETARIAL AUDIT REPORT
FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR ENDED MARCH 31, 2015
[Pursuant to Section 2049(1) of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rule No. 09 of the Companies (Appointment and Remuneration Personnel) Rules, 2014]
We have conducted the Secretarial Audit of the compliance of applicable statutory provisions and the adherence to good corporate practices by —————————————————– (hereinafter called the Company). Secretarial Audit was conducted in a manner that provided us reasonable basis for evaluating the corporate conducts/statutory compliances and expressing our opinion thereon.
Based on our verification of the Company’s books, papers, minute books, forms and returns filed and other records maintained by the company and also the information provided by the Company, its officers, agents and authorised representatives during the conduct of secretarial audit, we hereby report that in our opinion , the Company has , during the audit period covering the financial year ended on March 31, 2015 complied with the Statutory provisions listed hereunder and also that the Company has proper Board-processes and compliance-mechanism in place to the extent, in the manner and subject to the extent, in the manner and subject to the reporting made hereinafter.
We have examined the books, papers, minute books, forms and returns filed and other records maintained by the Company for the financial year ended on March 31, 2015 according to the provisions of;
1. The Companies Act, 2013 (the Act) and the rules made there under;
2. The Securities Contracts ( Regulation) Act, 1956 (SCRA) and the rules made there under;
3. The Depositories Act, 1996 and the Regulations and Bye-law framed hereunder;
4. Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules and regulations made there under to the extent of Foreign Direct Investment and Overseas Direct Investment;
5. The following Regulations and Guidelines prescribed under the Securities and Exchange Board of India , 1992 ( ‘ SEBI Act’);
(a) The Securities and Exchange Board of India( Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011;
(b) The Securities and Exchange Board of India ( Prohibition of Insider Trading) Regulations, 1992;
(c) The Securities and Exchange Board of India ( Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009;
(d) The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Employee Stock Option Scheme and Employee Stock Purchase Scheme) Guidelines , 1999;
(e) The Securities and Exchange Board of India ( Issue and Listing of Debt Securities) Regulations, 2008;
(f) The Securities and Exchange Board of India ( Registration to an Issue and Share Transfers Agents ) Regulations, 1993;
(g) The Securities and Exchange Board of India ( Delisting of Equity Shares) Regulations, 2009;
(h) The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Buyback of Securities ) Regulations, 1998;
6. Other Laws applicable to the Company ;
i. Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
ii. Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
iii. The Payment of Wages Act, 1936
iv. The Minimum Wages Act, 1948
v. Employee State Insurance Act, 1948
vi. The Employee Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
vii. The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
viii. The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
ix. The Contract Labour( Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
x. The Maternity Benefits Act, 1961
xi. Competition Act, 2002
xii. The Income Tax Act, 1961
xiii. Shops and Establishments Act, 1948
xiv. Legal Metrology Act, 2009
xv. Drugs( Pricing Control) Order 2013
xvi. The Central Excise Act, 1944
xvii. The Customs Act, 1962
xviii. The Finance Act, 1994
We have also examined compliance with the applicable clause of the following;
I. The Secretarial Standards issue by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
II. The Listing Agreements entered into by the Company with Bombay Stock Exchange
During the period under review the Company has complied with the provisions of the Act, Rules, Regulations, Guidelines, Standards, etc mentioned above.
We further report that the Board of Directors of the Company is duly constituted with proper balance of Executive Directors, Non-Executive Directors and Independent Directors. The changes in the composition of the Board of Directors that took place during the period under review were carried out in compliance with the provisions of the Act.
Adequate notice is given to all Directors to schedule the Board Meetings, agenda and detailed notes on agenda were sent at least seven days in advance, and a system exists for seeking and obtaining further information and clarification on the agenda items before the meeting and for meaningful participation at the meeting.
Al decision at Board Meetings and Committee Meetings are carried unanimously as recorded in the minutes of the Meetings of the Board of Directors or Committee of the Board, as the case may be.
We further report that there are adequate systems and processes in the Company commensurate with the size and operations of the Company to monitor and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
(Practicing Company Secretary)
Note: This report is to be read with our letter of even date which is annexed as “ANNEXURE A” and forms an integral part if this report.
Our report of even date is to be read along with this letter.
1. Maintenance of Secretarial records is the responsibility of the management of the Company. Our responsibility is to express an opinion on these secretarial records based on our audit.
2. We have followed the audit practices and processes as were appropriate to obtain reasonable assurance about the correctness of the contents of the Secretarial records. The verification was done on the test basis to ensure that correct facts are reflected in Secretarial records. We believe that the processes and practices, we followed provide a reasonable basis for our opinion.
3. We have not verified the correctness and appropriateness of financial records and books of accounts of the Company.
4. Where ever required, we have obtained the Management representation about compliance of laws, rules and regulations and happenings of events etc.
5. The compliance of provisions of Corporate and other applicable laws, rules, regulations, standards is the responsibility of the management. Our examination was limited to the verification of procedures on test basis.
6. The Secretarial Audit Report is neither an assurance as to the future viability of the Company nor of efficacy or effectiveness with which the management has conducted the affairs of the Company.
(Practicing Company Secretary)
(Submitted by CS Deepak Pratap Singh and he can be reached at email@example.com)