ARTICLE ON CHANGE OF REGISTERED OFFICE OF A COMPANY FROM ONE STATE TO THE ANOTHER STATE
I have Written This Article contains Checklist for Change Of Registered Office of a Company From One State To Another State under Companies Act 2013.
Checklist specifies Passing of Board Resolution in the Board Meeting of a Company
Filing of e-Form MGT-14 (Passing Special Resolution in the EGM Regarding Newspaper Advertisement(Notice for the Same) in INC-26
Sending of Individual Notice Inviting objection to debenture-holder & creditor of the company, Preparing the application for shifting of registered office to be filed to Regional Director by Filing e-Form INC-23, Filing e-Form INC-28, Filing e-Form INC-22 etc.
Checklist – Change Of Registered Office of Company From One State To Another State as Follows:-
1. Board Resolution:-For approving the change in registered from one state to another and for authorisation to professionals for representation.
2. Special Resolution:-By Filing MGT-14 for approving the change in registered office from one state to another for alteration in the MOA.
3. File e-Form MGT-14 within 30 days of passing the resolution to the registrar.
♦ Copy of EGM Resolution
♦ Altered MOA
♦ Notice & Explanatory Statement
4. Newspaper advertisement in INC-26 Within 30 days before the filing of INC-23.
5. Sending of Individual Notice inviting objection to debenture-holder & creditor of the company.As per Rule 30 sub rule 5(b)
6. Prepare the application for shifting of registered office to be filed to Regional Director. Submit the copy of the said application with Chief Secretary with the respective state. As per Rule 30 sub rule 5(c).
7. File e-Form INC-23 for approval of Regional Director within 30 days of list of creditors
♦ Copy of MOA
♦ Copy of minutes of GM
♦ Certified copy of Newspaper
♦ List of creditors & debenture holders
♦ Copy of application served to chief secretary of the state
♦ Declaration by the Company Secretary to the correctness of list of creditors & affairs of the company.
♦ Power of Attorney for authorisation
♦ No objection from creditors
8. In case there is no objection received:-The application may be put up for orders without hearing & the order either approving or rejecting the application shall be passed within 15 days of the receipt of the application.
9. In case there objection has been received:- The Regional Director shall call for hearing and direct the company to file an affidavit to record the consensus, it shall pass an order within 60 days of filing the application, it shall pass an order within 60 days of filing the application.
10. File e-Form INC-28 for registration of order of Regional Director Within 30 days of receipt of certified copy the order.
11. File e-Form INC-22 for notice of change of situation of registered office of the company within 15 days of approval of INC-28
♦ Proof of Registered office address
♦ Utility Bill not older than 2 months
♦ Altered MOA
♦ NOC from owner
♦ Certified copy of order of Regional Director.