VERIFICATION OF MARKS OF COMPANY SECRETARIES EXAMINATIONS –DECEMBER, 2020
In terms of Regulation 42 (2) of the Company Secretaries Regulations, 1982 as in force, a candidate may apply for ‘Verification of Marks’ in any subject(s) of CS examination within 21 days from the date of declaration of his/her result. The interested candidates can apply for verification of marks either through on-line or off-line mode as per prescribed procedure with requisite fee @ Rs. 250/- per subject. The guidelines/information regarding Verification of Marks are available on the website of the Institute at: https://www.icsi.edu/media/webmodules/Guidelines_Providing_VOM.pdf
The on-line facility for applying for Verification of Marks will be operative from Friday, the 26th February, 2021 from 00:01 hrs till Thursday, the 18th March, 2021 up to 24:00 hrs.
The last date of submitting applications for Verification of Marks is 18th March, 2021.
To optimize the use of on-line mode of payment, candidates are advised to submit their request/s through on-line mode for quicker and hassle-free response.
In case any candidate wishes to apply for Verification of Marks through off-line mode, he/she can download the Application Form available on the website and send the same duly filled in along with the requisite fee through Speed/Registered Post. The fee can be paid either by way of demand draft favouring “The Institute of Company Secretaries of India” payable at New Delhi; or in cash at the Regional/Chapter/Noida Office.
The procedure for submitting application for Verification of Marks is given on the website of the Institute under Examination Section at the link given below:
For applying Verification of Marks through on-line mode, the interested candidates can access the following link: https://smash.icsi.in/scripts/login.aspx
Directorate of Examinations
Guidelines for Providing Verification of Marks in the Answer Books of Students of CS examination
(As approved by the Council in its 268th meeting held on 12th & 13th March 2020)
1. These guidelines for proving verification of marks in the answer book(s) of students will be applicable beginning from December, 2019 session of examinations. Under these guidelines, a candidate can seek verification of
marks in his/her evaluated answer book(s) of Company Secretaries examination.
2. A student who wishes to verify his/her marks in the answer book(s) of any subject(s) of a particular session of examination shall apply either on-line through the website of the Institute or off-line on the prescribed application form together with requisite fee so as to reach the Institute within twenty one days (21 days) from the date of declaration of the result.
3. Fee of ₹250 per subject/answer book is payable for verification of marks. The fee shall be paid either through online or by way of demand draft drawn in favour of “The Institute of Company Secretaries of India”, payable at New Delhi.
4. The off-line application form, duly completed in all respect, together with the requisite fee as mentioned above, shall be superscribed “ Application for providing Verification of Marks ” and sent to:
The Joint Secretary
Directorate of Examinations
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
‘ICSI House’, C-37, Sector – 62, Institutional Area
NOIDA – 201 309 (U.P)
5. Off-line application form without requisite fee and complete particulars shall not be entertained.
6. Before providing the result of verification of marks in the answer book(s) to a candidate on his/her request, if it is noticed that answer(s) to any sub-question(s)/question(s) of his/her answer book(s) has/have inadvertently remained unevaluated or there is some posting or totalling error, the Institute would rectify such omission and commission and communicate the revised marks/result to the student.
7. Re-evaluation of answer(s)/ answer book(s) is not permissible under Regulation 42(2).
8. If any error is found at any point of time as provided in para 6 above, the Institute shall have suo motu power to rectify the same.