Government of Tamilnadu
Public Works Department
Water Resources Organisation
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
NAME OF COUNTRY: INDIA, NAME OF PROJECT: IAM WARM, LOAN No: 4846-0 IN, CREDIT No: 4255-0 IN
HIRING SERVICES OF A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT FIRM FOR INTERNAL AUDIT OF TAMIL NADU IRRIGATED AGRICULTURE MODERNIZATION & WATER BODIES RESTORATION AND MANAGEMENT (TN IAM WARM) PROJECT (FROM THE PROJECT PERIOD OF 2007-2008 TO 2012-2013)
This request for expressions of interest follows the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business Project ID No. P090768 of 08.01.2007
1. The Government of Tamil Nadu, through Government of India, has received a loan and a credit (a total of US$ 485 million) from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) & the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Tamil Nadu Irrigated Agriculture Modernization and Water Bodies Restoration and Management (TN IAM WARM) Project. The Government of Tamil Nadu intends to finance the Hiring services of a Chartered Accountant firm for Internal Audit of the project from the [loan/credit] proceeds.
2. The proposed project development objective is to improve irrigation service delivery and productivity of irrigated agriculture with effective integrated water resources management in a river basin/sub-basin framework in Tamil Nadu. The project will be implemented in an integrated manner with the participation of line departments and other institutions. The project is proposed to be implemented in 63 sub basins throughout the state.
The proposed hiring services of a Chartered Accountant firm for internal audit in selected 25 sub-basins of Phase –III and Phase – IV is with the object of providing the project management timely fiduciary assurance that the (i) financial management systems and internal control procedures as applicable to the project are being adhered to by the various implementing units, (ii) the financial reports being submitted to the MDPU are in agreement with the books of account and can be relied upon to support the disbursements made by the Bank.
The proposed assignment is expected to be for a period of one year.
3. Project Director, TN IAM WARM Project on behalf of GoTN now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Consultant firms having a turnover of less than Rs 75 lakh during the financial year 2010-11 need not apply.The interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, annual turnover for the last five years, availability of appropriate skills among the staff, etc.). The Expression of Interests should mention the name, address, facsimile number, e-mail address, ownership and organization structure of the consultant firm. The Expression of Interest should be submitted in four copies. A response to this Request for Expression of Interest does not automatically ensure selection for the Request for Proposal (RFP). ”
4. A Chartered Accountant firm will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Banks Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrower May 2004. Revised October 2006, revised May 2010.
5. Interested may obtain further information, at the address given below on any working day between 10.00A.M to 5.45 P.M. The expression of interest must be delivered by Post or courier or in person on or before 30.04.20 12 to the address given below.
TN IAM WARM Project
The Head Procurement,
TN IAM WARM Project, Multi Disciplinary Project Unit,
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
FAX: 044-28588441, Phone: 044-28588440