Request for Expression of Interest
Notification No : DGET-35(4)/Special Audit/2012-NPIU
Vocational Training Improvement Project
Credit No –IDA-4319-IN
Selection of Audit Firm for Special Audit of ITI Expenditure in Maharashtra
1. Government of India has received a Credit from the International Development Association in various currencies towards the cost of Vocational Training Improvement Project (Credit 4319-IN) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the contract for a special audit to be carried out in 87 ITIs located in different Districts of Maharashtra for which this request of expression of interest is issued.
2. The Director (Project), Directorate General of Employment & Training now proposed to hire Chartered Accountant Audit Firm empanelled with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India to conduct special audit in 87 ITIs . The special audit would cover all expenditures (other than those on civil works implemented through the Public Works Department) in those ITIs where funds were drawn into the account of the ITI Principal. The expenditure to be reviewed will be from Financial year 2006-2007 to March 2012. The duration of the consultancy will be 06 (six) months.
3. The Director (Project), Directorate General of Employment & Training, now invites eligible chartered accountant firms who are interested in taking up the consultancy assignment to conduct the special audit to submit expression of interest. The interested consultant must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and shall also furnish the following information along with relevant supporting documents only:
(i) Registration of Chartered Accountant firm empanelled with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India for the Year 2011-12.
(ii) Relevant work experience of atleast 05 Years in the field of audit and assurance
(iii) Have atleast two full time partners who are fellow members of ICAI for a period not less than 3 years (As per certificate of ICAI as on 1.1.2011).
(iv) have an average turnover of Rs. 75 (Seventy Five) Lakh p.a. in the last three years
(v) have experience of at least 04 (Four) audit assignments of Externally Aided Projects /Social Sector Projects of Centre / State
(vi) have carried out at least 04 (Four) statutory audits of Corporate / PSU entities (except Bank Branch audit) having a turnover of not less than Rs. 10 Crore in the last 03 Years
(vii) References will be provided to certify the relevant work experience of consultant.
Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
4. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers, May 2004 and Revised October 2006 and May 2010.
5. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 10:00 Hrs to 16:00 hrs on working days.
6. The Expression of Interest shall be submitted to the following address within 15 days
from the date of release of advertisement (date of release of advertisement: 12th April 2012).
The Director (Project)
Directorate General of Employment & Training
Room No. 516 A, Shram Shakti Bhawan
Rafi Marg, New Delhi – 110001