What would be your reaction if I say I have cleared my ca final in the first attempt that’s through self-study.
The reaction would be like: ‘wow’, ‘Is it possible’, ‘how had you done it ?? The answer to above is Yes, it is possible. How it is done and how even you can do so is what I am actually going to tell you in this article.
When you decide to go for self-study, you have to follow the highest level of discipline as nobody will going to force you to sit for the lecture. Discipline means you have to decide what you have decided needs to be done on time scheduled because killing time in doing non-sense will give birth to your non-sense result.
Even in my previous articles, I had written it down the biggest obstacle in your success is What people think about you? Or as we called it out in Hindi: दुनिया का सबसे रोग क्या कहेंगे लोग? And when you go out and tell the people that you are doing self-study for CA final, the most obvious reaction would be Are you going mad? Don’t you feel are you overconfident? You have to bear it all, just focus on your goal. What’s written here it might seem to be easy or motivating but that’s the biggest challenge in doing self-study. You can study on your own but it’s very difficult to ignore constant negative vibes coming from all sides. But I can assure you that if you have immense self-confidence and patience, you will easily win over these things.
Whether you are ready for self-study?
1) Self-study needs a lot of time. If you want to go for self-study for all the subjects in CA Final, then you must have atleast 2.5 years before the exam.
2) Don’t go for self-study just for sake of a name that people will appreciate you for the same, before jumping to the conclusion and before getting over-motivated by this article, sit back and decide what challenges and difficulties will you face if you go for Self-study and what are the time constraints?
3) Going for Self study requires immense practice especially in subjects like SFM in which you even don’t know the basics of derivatives and forex. You will have to practice and prepare each subject
4) Wisely chose your reference books. When you start off with self-study, reference books are your best friend as choosing the wrong book will result in wastage of time and it’s subsequent effect on the result. Below I have mentioned reference books which were used by me for my preparation:en by studying it from the best faculty. If anyone wants me to write on any specific topic, you can mention it in comments below:
a)FR AS/Ind AS- DS Rawat Other Chapters- M.P.Vijaykumar
b) SFM- A.N.Sridhar and http://www.Investopedia.com
c) Audit Pankaj Garg and SM
d) Law Munish Bhandari
e) Costing Padhuka and PM
g) Direct Tax –
i. Vinod Gupta
ii. Bhanwar Borana Compact for revision
iii. VG Question bank
h) IDT- Bangar Main book and summary book
Benefits of self-study
1) You become more responsible and mature not only from the academic point of view but also from a personal perspective. Only a person with good managerial skills can crack the exam by going through this technique.
2) You have such immense knowledge which you would have not got even by studying it from the best faculty.
The author can be reached at [email protected]