Ace the CS Professional Exam with an All India Rank using our expert tips. From understanding the exam structure to effective study organization, we cover it all. Explore the importance of classes versus self-study, consistency, and dedication. Learn the significance of a well-structured study plan, maintaining health, and practicing with past papers. Discover the art of attempting papers smartly, mastering presentation, and maintaining calmness during exams. Our comprehensive guide ensures you are well-prepared and confident to succeed in the CS Professional Exam. Achieve excellence with strategic preparation and boost your chances of securing top ranks. Good luck!
Exams are an integral part of every student’s journey, they play an important and crucial for achievement and success in the student’s life. The examinations are the test of a person’s capacity, knowledge and ability. It proves what standard of learning a person has acquired during a specific period of time in a specific syllabus. CS Professional is the last stage examination of Company Secretary (CS) Course and the most important box to tick in a becoming CS. CS Professional exam are held twice in a year, in the months of June and December and the curriculum is divided into three modules comprising three subjects each. All the papers involve descriptive-type questions and further Paper 8 and 9 are open book examinations; with Paper 9 being an Elective Paper.
While covering such a vast syllabus, students are required to ensure that they follow the correct preparation strategy to ensure success in examination in their very first attempt.
Below are some of the tips that can help one sail through the exam in an effective manner.
1. Know your exam– The first and foremost step while preparing for any professional exam is to have full knowledge and understanding of the exam you are fighting. You should be well versed with the syllabus, marking system, passing percentage, rules and regulations, terms and conditions, eligibility criteria etc. Students shall also go through the index of every subject twice to get an idea of the subject and marks distribution.
2. Organize your study materials– Maintaining an organized study environment is very essential for effective preparation of exam. Keep your notes, study materials, books and other resources neatly organized. Consider using folders, files, color-coding, sticky notes to keep your study materials well structured.
3. Choosing between classes and self-study– It is one of the most critical decisions in CS journey. In order to be decisive, one must have a look at the syllabus and gather an idea about its vastness. Ideally, coaching classes provide a lot of guidance that proves to be beneficial for the students in understanding the concepts rather than cramming topics.
4. Consistency, hard work and dedication– Multiple readings to the subject needs to be consistent and the subject must be thoroughly revised. Hard work, dedication and consistency all play an extremely important role because it becomes boring and monotonous when you have to read the same thing over and over again. But you have to keep your spirits high and never look back.
5. Prepare a schedule and a plan for studies– Before beginning studies, students should create their own study plan and schedule, which outlines all the topics that must be covered as well as the amount of time that must be spent studying each day. Never make plans that will take a long time to complete. Short-term plans should ideally be set for a week or less, so that one can focus on the present and avoid procrastination. Spare some time for daily revision at the end of the day.
6. Stay healthy– Taking care of your physical and mental well-being is crucial during the exam period. Prioritize adequate sleep to rejuvenate our mind and consolidate your learning. Eat nutritious meals to energize your brain and to fuel your brain.
6. Practice, practice and practice– A very crucial part of one’s preparation is solving scanners, past year questions, mock tests etc. Learning any concept is winning only half the battle because you also need to know how to apply these concepts to questions and you can only accomplish this by practicing more and more questions. As a result, you will have a greater confidence, conceptual clarity and will no longer be intimidated by exams questions. It is also crucial for time management, since we have to answer 24-25 questions in three hours and leaving even a two-mark question is scary.
7. Attempt Paper Smartly– Trying to attempt the whole paper and covering can be a great advantage for a student. One must be prepared with his/her own strategy that was built while giving mock tests and stick to it. 2-3 hours of panic during exam can destroy months of hard work. Further, as the examiner searches for keywords in each of the answers which evaluating, highlighting them is of significance.
8. Presentation in exam– The presentation of an answer sheet is quite crucial in the context of exams. While the content and quality of your answers are critical, how you present them can significantly impact the examiner’s assessment of your work. How you organize and structure your answers on paper is referred to as an answer sheet presentation, and it includes characteristics such as handwriting, formatting, headings and overall neatness. Highlight crucial points such that it draws attention to important information and make your answers stand out.
9. Calmness– If you find yourself rushing through the questions, purposefully slow down. Try and avoid skim-reading or scrolling too quickly. It’s common to hold your breath or breathe shallowly when nervous. Purposefully pause regularly to inhale for at least 3 seconds and exhale. Try and think positively- “I will try my best”, “Exam performance does not define me as a person”, “When this exam is over I deserve to celebrate or reward myself.” If panic starts to set in, you lose focus, or you start to feel physically uncomfortable, stop for a few moments to regulate. Here are some tips that can help you calm yourself-
These techniques will definitely help you to secure good marks in the CS Professional Exam. This will acquaint the students with the real exam scenario and boost their confidence level. Every student must work with his/her strengths while preparing for exams. The above-mentioned tips aren’t exhaustive and can be integrated in the students’ current style of learning. Stay focused, determined, consistent and positive to achieve your goal. With these tips, you will overcome every challenge in your exam and achieve the desired results.
You have made it so far, and you only have a little way to go. Good luck with your exams.