Procedure for registration in ACES for NEW Central Excise or Service Tax Assessee as the case may be
(User who is NOT already registered in erstwhile SACER/SAP and wish to transact business afresh with CBEC for the first time through ACES):
1. Kindly go to www.aces.gov.in —-> Select Central Excise / Service Tax (as the case may be) —-> ‘New Users to Click here to Register with ACES’.
2. Then Assessee will find the following screen wherein he has to fill in relevant details:
You will be sent the username and password to the given e-mail ID within 3 to 24 hours. Sample Message description which will be sent to Assessee’s registered e-mail-id is shown below for reference:
“This is to inform you that the user has been created. The User Name and the Password for the new user are: User Name – ltu_new1, Password – ohSwZk”
(If you don’t receive the username and password even after 24 hours, Please check the Spam/Junk mail folders of your e-mail account for the TPIN mail (as it is possible that the same would have been marked as spam by the e-mail service provider). If the problem of non-receipt of user ID and password persists, please try with fresh/new user name, fill the form and submit as detailed above. Still if you face problem, Contact helpdesk (email@example.com) for assistance.)
5. Now, Assessee can login into ACES using the username and password received in the mail.
6. After Login, Assessee will find the below screen, wherein he is prompted to change the password and enter a new password of his choice.
7. Please press the Submit button to complete the process.