Automation of Central Excise and Service Tax (ACES), the new Centralized, Web-based Software Application, is fully operational in all Central Excise and Service Tax Commissionerates across the country since 23.12.2009, with all modules and the services are offered free of cost.
Please note that e-filing of Service Tax Returns (ST-3) in ACES has been made mandatory for All Service Tax Assessees from 01.10.2011 vide Notification No. 43/2011 – Service Tax dated 25.08.2011.
Earlier, e-Payment of Service Tax was made mandatory from 01.04.2010 vide Notification No. 1/2010-Service Tax dated 19.02.2010, for those assessees who had paid Service Tax of Rs. 10 lakhs ( PLA+CENVAT) or more in a preceding financial year.
How to e-file return in ACES?
- Log onto www.aces.gov.in and Click ‘Service Tax’ Link on top menu bar
- If you are registered with ACES, use your username and password to log-in
- Select your return from RET menu and submit self-assessed return online
- If not registered with ACES, furnish e-mail ID of the authorized person to your Range officer and an e-mail with T-PIN (Temporary User ID) and Password will be sent to enable you to register with ACES. If you do not receive e-mail, please check spam mail folder or contact Range Officer
- Thereafter, you can log-in and file return as explained above
- You can also use “Offline Returns” available under RET menu or under ‘Download’ link of ACES website; fill it in and upload to ACES
- For online tutorial on e-filing of returns, click on LMS on ACES website
You can also avail the facility of ACES Certified Facilitation Centres (CFCs) set up by eligible Members of ICAI/ICWAI/ICSI across the country on payment of prescribed fees. For details please visit CFC link of ACES website (http://aces.gov.in/CFC.jsp).
For any further information/assistance, you may visit www.aces.gov.in or contact your jurisdictional Service Tax officer or write to ACES Service Desk at [email protected] or call at National toll-free number 1800 425 4251 on any working day between 9 AM and 7 PM.
Please remember that the last date of filing ST-3 returns for the period April, 2011 to September, 2011 is 25th October, 2011.
Please file your electronic returns in ACES well in advance to avoid rush and inconvenience at the last moment.