The Circular, inter alia, provides guidelines on the following:
You are advised to refer to Section 200(3) of the Act, read with Rule 31A, which reads as follows:
- Computation of Income in context of salaried employees
- The manner of deduction of tax at source, including the rates of TDS
- Due dates for deposit of Tax Deducted at Source
- Due dates for filing of Tax Deducted at Source
- Issuance of Form 16 to the employees
The Circular enable you to comply with the requirements of the exact provisions of the Act.
You are also advised to:
- Report correctly the PAN and TDS amount in the Statement, which helps the taxpayer in claiming correct TDS Credits besides generating correct TDS Certificates
- Verify the contents of TDS Certificates as downloaded from TRACES before issuing the same to the taxpayers
Please note that filing of the TDS Statements within the due date is mandatory to avoid Late Filing Fees under Section 234E of the Income Tax Act, which is applicable @ Rs. 200 per day of the delay.
For any assistance, you can write to [email protected] or call our toll-free number 1800 103 0344.