LETTER F.NO.DGIT(S)/DIT(S)-3/AST/PIL MATTER/AGRICULTURAL INCOME/97/2015-16/624
Ref: (1) Letter F.No. DGIT(S)/DIT(S)-3/AST/PIL Matter/Agriculture Income/97/2015-16 dated 10-3-2016 issued by this Directorate on the above captioned subject
(2) Letter dated 18-3-2016 issued on the same subject by this Directorate.
(3) Letter dated 23-3-2016 issued on the same subject by this Directorate.
Kindly refer to the above
2. Vide letters mentioned under reference above, a feedback report was requested to be sent in respect of high agricultural income reported by certain taxpayers in the Income Tax Returns filed for the AY 2007-08 to AY 2015-16. Till date, the requisite consolidated report has not been received or has been only partially received from the following regions i.e. Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Jaipur, Pune, Kanpur, Lucknow, Guwahati and Bhopal.
3. In view of the urgency of the matter, the Directorate of Systems had identified a list of 444 cases with a high probability of data entry error, and out of this confirmation has been received from the field for 155 cases. On verification it is seen that there is a high percentage of data entry errors in these cases and therefore the rest of the cases in this list i.e. 289 cases needs to be verified at the earliest. This list is placed on i-taxnet at the following path.
Resources→Downloads→Systems→Agricultural Income→289_Priority Cases
3. It is therefore requested that feedback report in these 289 probable data entry error cases may be sent on a priority basis to this Directorate latest by 4-4-2016, so that correct figures of Agricultural Income can be reported to Hon’ble Patna High Court, which is hearing the PIL on this issue. Soft copy of the consolidated, region-wise report (in xls or xlsx format) may be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
4. This issues with the approval of Pr.DGIT(S), New Delhi.