As per the records of Centralized Processing Cell (TDS), the TDS Statements have been filed by many deductors for different quarters. However, many of them have not yet registered on TRACES (https://www.tdscpc.gov.in). In this regard, your attention is invited to the CBDT circulars 04/2013 dated 17.04.2013, CBDT Circular No. 03/2011 dated 13-5-2011 and CBDT Circular No. 01/2012 dated 9-4-2012 on the Issuance of certificate for Tax Deducted at Source in Form 16 / 16A as per IT Rules, 1962. It is now mandatory for all deductors to issue TDS certificates after generating and downloading the same from ‘TDS Reconciliation Analysis and Correction Enabling System’ or (https://www.tdscpc.gov.in) (hereinafter called TRACES).
- In view of above circulars, it may kindly be noted that only the TDS Certificates downloaded from TRACES will be valid. Certificates issued in any other form or manner will not comply to the requirements referred in the Income Tax Act, 1961 read with relevant Rules and Circulars issued in this behalf from time to time
- In addition to the facility to download TDS Certificates bearing unique TDS certificate number, the portal provides other facilities, some of which are as under:
- View of Deductor Dashboard to know about your TDS performance
- PAN Verification
- View of Challan status
- View of Statement Status
- Download of Consolidated TAN-PAN File for submitting ‘Correction Statements’ in case of incomplete and incorrect reporting
- Download of Justification Report to know the details of ‘TDS defaults’, if any, on processing of TDS statements
The above facilities including downloading of the TDS Certificates can be availed only by registering yourself with TRACES. You are accordingly requested to register immediately on TRACES.