There may be cases when User forget Password for his TAN account which he already registered on https://www.tin-nsdl.com/ . In such cases user can recover the new password for his TAN account by following any of the two methods given below :-
Reset of password for TAN Account Password for the TAN account can be reset by opting any one of the feature as below:
Reset password: In case the user opts for this facility for reset of password, then details as below will be required to be provided:
- TAN Account user ID
On successful verification of the above values, a request number will be generated and within 24 hours system generated new password will be e-mailed at the registered e-mail ID. On receipt of ‘reset password’ (system generated) from TIN, follow the instructions as below:
- Login to TAN account with user ID and password (system generated provided by TIN).
- On first login, user will be forced to change the password.
Forgot password: In case the user opts for this facility then details as below will be required to be provided:
- TAN account user ID
- Security question selected on registration of TAN/creation of user ID
- Answer to security question
- On successful verification of the above values, user will be prompted to change the password.