You may kindly note that whenever any document is uploaded to any e-Filing website , the following best practices should be complied.
⇒ Scan to PDF
⇒ Scan at 300 dpi
⇒ Scan in Black and White only
⇒ Do not upload files with Read/Write/Password protection
Scanning Source Documents
- Scan the original tax document to avoid scanning copies and faxes
- Scan the document in A4 or Letter size only
- Scan multi-page documents together, in logical order
- Do not leave the tray cover open when scanning single pages on a flatbed scanner
Key points to avoid poor quality
- Documents with faint or faded text
- Handwritten documents that contain important identifying information such as Pan etc. making it difficult to read
- Documents with ink bleeding or smudging
- Clipped or cut forms that exclude important identifying information
Note: Department may impose file size limits for uploaded documents. It is, therefore, strongly recommended to follow above mentioned guidelines.