Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 27/3/1981
It is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved by the prescribed authority, the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, for the purpose of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
1. Name of the scientific “Management of the fractures of bones research programme : by functional methods, specially suit- ed to the Rural India.”
2. Sponsored at : Swasthiyog Prastisthan Charitable Trust, Miraj (Maharashtra).
3. Sponsored by : Swasthiyog Prastisthan Charitable Trust, Miraj-416 410 (Maharashtra).
4. Duration of Project : Five years.
(i) Proposed date of 6th February, 1981. commencement :
(ii) Anticipated date of 5th February, 1986. completion :
5. Total estimated (i) Building Rs. 37,50,000 expenditure :— (ii) Equipments Rs. 61,00,000 (iii) Staff Rs. 14,40,000 — Total : Rs. 1,12,90,000 —
(Rupees one crore twelve lakhs and ninety thousand only).
The approval for the above project will be subject to the following conditions :—
1. That the Trust will maintain a separate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of the Swasthiyog Pratishthan Charitable Trust, Miraj.
2. That the Trust will furnish annual returns of its scientific research project to the Council by 31st May, each year, at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
3. That the Trust will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of account to the Council by 31st May, each year, and in addition send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
2. The Swasthiyog Prastisthan Charitable Trust, Miraj, has been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue Notification No. 3409 (F. No. 203/149/80-ITA. II) dated 26-5-1980.
[No. 3914/F. No. 203/25/81-I.T.A. II