Section(s) Referred: 35 ,35(2A)
Statute: INCOME TAX
Date of Issue: 17/1/1981
In substitution of this Department’s notification No. 1894 and (F. No. 203/85/77 ITA-II dated 27th July, 1971, and 11th May, 1978, it is hereby notified for general information that the following scientific research programme has been approved by the prescribed authority, the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, for the purpose of sub-section (2A) of section 35 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 :—
——- 1 2 ——-
- Name of the scientific re- “Research on certain aspects of search programme fertility population dynamics, reproductive biology and socio- cultural aspects of acceptance of family planning including an in-depth study of infant morta- lity”.
- Sponsored by : (i) Khosla Plastics (P.) Ltd., (ii) Khosla Metal Powers Ltd., (iii) Khosla Engineeing (P.) Ltd., 40 Aundh Road, Pune-411 003. (iv) M/s. Piltronics, Pune.
- Sponsored at : K. E. M. Hospital Medical Research Centre, Pune.
- Duration of the project. 8 years.
- (i) Proposed date of 1st April, 1977. commencement :
(ii) Anticipated date of 31st March, 1985 completion
- Total estimated expenditure Rs. 90 lakhs. (Rs. Ninety lakhs only).
The approval for the above project will be subject to the following conditions :
- That the Research Centre will maintain a separate account of the amounts received and expenditure incurred for this research project as distinct from the other expenditure of the K. E. M. Hospital Medical Research Centre, Pune.
- That the Research Centre will furnish annual returns of this scientific research project to the Council by 31st May, each year, at the latest in such form as may be laid down and intimated to them for this purpose.
- That the Research Centre will furnish a copy of the annual audited statement of account to the Council by 31st May, each year, and in addition send a copy of it to the concerned Income-tax Commissioner.
The K. E. M. Hospital Medical Research Centre, Pune, has been approved under section 35(1)(ii) of the Income-tax Act, 1961, vide Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue, Notification No. 332 (F. No. 203/9/73-ITA-II), dated the 21st April, 1973.
[No. 3809/F. No. 203/301/80-ITA-II