Income Tax Refund cheque issued by CPC Bangalore Returned undelivered?
Now days Assessee who file their Income tax Return online gets their refund cheque issued by CPC Bangalore. Refunds are issued by two modes:-
1. By crediting the refund amount in Assessee’s bank account if the Assessee has correctly mentioned his bank details in Income tax Return Filed by him.
2. By sending Income Tax Refund Cheque if Assessee failed to submit or correctly mention his bank account details in Income tax Return filed by him.
In case of Physical cheques there may be chances that after filing of Income tax Return Assessee has moved to new address and his Income tax Refund cheque issued by CPC Bangalore returned back for non-delivery.
There may also be a chance that although address is not changed but Assessee could not receive the refund order as no one was there on the day when cheque was delivered or Refund cheque returned undelivered by the postal department as the house was locked.
In such cases one question arises what Assessee should do to request reissue of Refund cheque or how to request Credit of that account in his bank account and how to intimate the change in address?
Please note that, in case refund-processing has failed due to one of the reasons Assessee needs to download the address/bank-details modification form (Response Sheet) from the website of Income Tax department, fill the same and after that he needs to send the same by ORDINARY or SPEED POST alongwith cancelled cheque and other supporting documents to :
“Income Tax Department – CPC, Post Bag No – 1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore – 560100, Karnataka”
To Download the Response Sheet Assessee need to take Following steps:-
1. Visit https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.do
2. Enter login details.
3. After login go to sub menu ‘Response Sheet For Refund Failure Status‘ under the main menu ‘My Account’
4. Download the response sheet.
It is to be noted if there is any change in address of the Assessee needs to get the same updated with PAN master database by filing Form No. 49Afor correction in PAN Data.
For the knowledge of our viewers we are producing below the Format of Response Sheet
Article was first Published on 24.08.2011