For Filing Income Tax Return with Digital Signature we have to follow the following procedure:-
- Prepare your Income Tax Return and Generate XML.
- Save XML file in your favourite location [Say Desktop].
- Connect your digital Signature Certificate – USB Token to your System.
- If not registered, Register Assessee PAN at http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Login to http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Click on” Submit your Return” for Respective ITR Form..
- Select the XML file saved on your computer.
- Click on “Digitally Sign” button and select respective digital signature from USB Token.
- Click on “Submit” button”. It will verify the return and signature, then will show ITR-V with Acknowledgement number.
- Take the printout of ITR-V and keep it for future reference along with Paper printout of complete return form.
**Digital Signature should be a valid certificate and should be on the name of “Authorised Signatory” of the Return.
Now to do digitally sign we have to register our Digital signature on the website http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and the procedure to register the same is as follows:-
STEP 1: Open I.T website –https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in in Internet Explorer Click on the “ Login” tab to continue.
Step 2: Registered Users should enter their User ID (usually PAN No.) and password and click Login :-
Step-3 On the Login Page, click on My Account and select Update Digital Certificate
Step- 4 Click YES , then tick the “Always trust content from the publisher” and then click on RUN on the following prompts