ITR 1 (offline/online) for AY 2013-14 is available for e-Filing – Income tax Department has released ITR 1 for Filing of Return for the Assessment Year 2013-14/ Financial Year 2012-13.
APPLICABILITY OF ITR-1 FOR ASSESSMENT YEAR 2013-14 /FINANCIAL YEAR 2012-13
1. Who can use this Return Form
This Return Form is to be used by an individual whose total income for the assessment year 2013-14 includes:‑
(a) Income from Salary/ Pension; or
(b) Income from One House Property (excluding cases where loss is brought forward from previous years); or
(c) Income from Other Sources (excluding Winning from Lottery and Income from Race Horses)
NOTE Further, in a case where the income of another person like spouse, minor child, etc. is to be clubbed with the income of the assessee, this Return Form can be used only if the income being clubbed falls into the above income categories.
5 Steps to upload the ITR.
1. Download and unzip the relevant ITR excel return preparation utility for the selected Assessment Year.
2. Fill up the ITR Excel form as per the tax payers details.
3. Validate the XML from the form by clicking on the “Validate” button.
4. Correct the reported errors and click on “XML Generate” to generate the XML file.
5. Upload the XML file generated to the eFiling site using appropriate login/password.